Cartridge Valve Technology Operations Leader
Sun Hydraulics has an immediate need for Cartridge Valve Technology Operations Leader to support growth in our manufacturing operations globally.
- As a key member of the management team, the CVT Operations Leader’s primary responsibility is to ensure organizational effectiveness in the execution of cartridge valve manufacturing plan meeting or exceeding KPI targets in quality, delivery and cost while fostering a safe, dynamic environment in which team members are engaged and grow within the organization.
P & L responsibility for the $200M+ cartridge valve manufacturing operations.
- Build a reputation for the manufacturing organization of high integrity, competitive and proactive leadership, and sustained performance by delivering quality CVT products on a timely basis.
- Drive the long-range strategic planning process for operations by optimizing the manufacturing footprint and capacity to meet sales goals globally. Translate customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes, resulting in cost-effective processing and profitable manufacturing of company products.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff. Hold direct reports accountable for performance. Take corrective action as necessary and develop top talent to grow within the organization.
- Develop & implement procedures to ensure high standards in safety, quality, delivery and efficiency are maintained. Drive accountability in adherence to documented procedures.
- Develop annual product line budgets in accordance with sales plan, identify Key Process Indicators (KPIs) and establish goals in alignment to KPIs.
- Collaborate with Materials Leader in the development of the forecast/manufacturing plan on a quarterly basis and provide leadership to the manufacturing team in achieving plan.
- Direct and monitor CVT production team to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established company policies, procedures and budgeted Key Performance Indicator (KPI) goals.
- Report the performance of manufacturing operations to established Key Performance Indicators(KPIs). Direct teams in developing actions to mitigate any misses to KPI goals.
- Champion Continuous Improvement efforts resulting in significant quality, delivery & cost year over year advances. Drive new thoughts in approach, process and methodology while respecting the work and processes of the past.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations or a manufacturing/mechanical engineering degree with 8 years of direct manufacturing experience.
- Lean manufacturing trained with a demonstrated track record of leading teams through Kaizen events in which the core lean concepts (5S, Visual Management, TPM, VSM, Standard Work, etc.) were leveraged to achieve break through improvement. Lean certification preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving and improving KPI results.
- Self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to lead and/or function in a team environment while effectively communicating across various levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability in resolving conflict and driving accountability in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data to identify and understand issues, make appropriate decisions and drive teams toward resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use MRP systems, plant floor and office automation systems/software to effectively command, control and communicate production performance.
- Demonstrated track record of sustaining and improving quality systems in ISO/AS/TS environments
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Project, Visio and other MS Office standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Perform other job functions as directed by Global Operations Leader.
Requirements (Desired, but not required)
- Three (3) years experience in a supervisory or technical role in close tolerance metal product turning, milling or finishing manufacturing environments.
- MBA or MS in Operations Management
- Six Sigma Green Belt (or higher) trained with a minimum completion of two Six Sigma Green Belt projects. Certification with at least two projects completed preferred
- APICS skills/certification (Materials/Production Control)
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) orchestration
- Fluid Power Controls training & applications experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in blueprint interpretation
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected in support of job function (plants, customers, suppliers, etc.), 10 to 20% on average.
Position will reside in Sarasota, FL.
Sun Hydraulics offers competitive salaries, an outstanding benefits program, including a matched 401(k) and ESOP plan and is located in beautiful Sarasota, Florida. Our creative work environment is dynamic, flexible and results oriented. Sun is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Card is required.