Compliance and Ethics Leader
Position DescriptionPosition This strategic role has the primary responsibility for developing and maintaining Sun’s Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption Policy and Program to foster and ensure ethical conduct by all employees and business partners, and to discourage and mitigate misconduct. This position is responsible for ensuring that the company’s processes related to ethics management align with applicable regulatory requirements and with Sun’s and its subsidiaries’ corporate governance and ethics policies.
The position also requires providing guidance and oversight on current and emerging legal, regulatory and operational risk issues related to compliance, ethics, misconduct by employees and business partners and corporate governance.
The Compliance and Ethics Leader is expected to analyze and provide recommendations to the company’s senior leadership team regarding risks governed by the corporate governance and ethics policies, and compliance with all rules, regulations and other policies.
The position will oversee compliance with all laws, regulations and policies at an enterprise level. The position will also oversee compliance management for all of Sun’s subsidiaries, to include communication with relevant stakeholders to implement best practices to ensure that their business is conducted in a manner consistent with the company’s policies and program requirements, including ensuring that corporate records are in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Sun’s Compliance and Ethics Leader is expected to observe the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct, and to set an example for other Sun employees. He or she must demonstrate Sun’s core values of personal respect, integrity and teamwork in the performance of his or her duties.
- Fully understand, maintain and update the Program, including all policies and procedures
- Lead efforts toward developing and overseeing the Program and its strategic direction; establish organizational objectives for ethics and compliance
- Oversee assessment of organizational risk for misconduct and noncompliance
- Provide strong leadership and guidance around the Program
- Frequent communication with senior leadership team regarding risks, incidents, initiatives driven by the Program and progress toward Program goals
- Design global training strategy for compliance and ethics (including for employees worldwide), select and recommend vendors for training and develop company-specific training in response to risk assessment
- Develop and execute a plan to educate employees, business partners and relevant third parties regarding the Program’s requirements and the processes related to supplying information and updating records
- Communicate with subsidiaries and business partners on an on-going basis to obtain updated records and compliance certifications
- Ensure consistent understanding and compliance with processes across global locations
- Implement a program of measurement to monitor program performance
- Act as a point of contact for compliance-related questions from or issues concerning employees, vendors, business partners and other relevant third parties
- Track hotline and other complaints to identify trends for communication to Sun’s senior leadership team, to facilitate action to address ethical issues
- Travel for periods of up to several weeks at a time, some of which will be international. In some years travel could be up to 40% of the Compliance and Ethics Leader’s time
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Juris doctor preferred
- Finance or accounting background preferred
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP)
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in corporate compliance (with significant experience in anti-bribery/anti-corruption compliance), internal audit or global project management
- Experience working with/for a global organization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Strong leadership skills/capability as a credible influencer
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external parties
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Objective, fair and sound judgment
- Detail-oriented and results focused
- Ability to work independently and fulfill responsibilities in a self-directed manner yet successfully within a global team environment
- Strong work ethic and initiative
- Understanding basic accounting principles and financial statements
- Working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office
Reporting RelationshipReports to Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer, Craig Roser
Sun Hydraulics offers competitive salaries, an outstanding benefits program, including a matched 401(k) and ESOP plan and is located in beautiful Sarasota, Florida. Our creative work environment is dynamic, flexible and results oriented. Sun is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Card is required.