Financial Reporting and Analysis Professional – Hydraulics Segment
Sun Hydraulics is looking for an accounting professional who can be a key contributor to the leadership team for the Hydraulics Segment of the company.
The Financial Reporting and Analysis position will be responsible for the consolidation and management reporting of financial forecasts and results at the segment level. The collective goal in this position is to provide accurate financial information for management decisions, as well as fulfilling reporting, internal control and analysis requirements. The Financial Reporting and Analysis role will report to the Global Finance and Accounting Leader for the Hydraulics Segment.
- Proactive leadership of the financial reporting and analysis function for the Hydraulics Segment. The position will consolidate, report and analyze results and forecasts from multiple global operating locations.
- Collaborate with the local accounting leaders at each operating location during the monthly reporting and quarterly planning cycles, including analysis of consolidated operational results and regional reporting
- Drive initiatives for continuous improvement of processes and consistency of documentation supporting the reporting and planning processes
- Recommend and monitor benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance across the segment
- Coordination of financial and SOX audits at the segment level, including review of findings and collaboration with accounting leaders supporting financial and internal control reviews of other operating locations
- Monitor financial activities to ensure compliance with all regulations and accounting principles
- Assist in establishing and monitoring financial goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures for the segment operating units
- Work with the Global Finance and Accounting Leader to design, establish and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality deliverables within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Assist with implementation of financial reporting software
- Other special projects and responsibilities as needed
Required Qualifications and Desired Qualities:
- Strong collaborator and team player with a willingness and desire to build cross-functional relationships where subject matter expertise is required for business decisions
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong accounting experience
- 3+ years public accounting/auditing experience, CMA or CPA preferred
- 5+ years of operational execution in the finance and accounting function of a manufacturing company preferred
- Significant experience with consolidations and eliminations of intercompany inventory transactions
- Ability to prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Ability to analyze financial and operational data
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Knowledge of general accounting and cost accounting principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience with design and maintenance of internal controls
Sun Hydraulics offers industry competitive salaries commensurate with experience, an outstanding benefit program that includes a matched 401(k) and ESOP plan.
Sun is located in beautiful Sarasota, Florida. Our team based work environment is dynamic, flexible and results oriented. Sun is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Card is required.