Purchase materials and services to achieve continuous improvement of supplier delivery performance, cost reductions, quality enhancement and meet High Performance Project Team objectives. Scope includes the management of the procurement of components but may also include additional supply of direct and indirect material, services and capital investment. Lead purchasing team in a coordinated effort to manage exceptions and achieve department, plant, division and individual goals. The Senior Buyer will also be responsible for helping train and mentor other team members to improve their skill sets.
- Support global procurement initiatives as well as lead site-level initiatives for supplier performance improvement, cost savings/contract opportunities and risk analysis
- Process requisitions and place orders with approved suppliers to obtain product or service information, such as availability and delivery schedule
- Receive and review Quotes and Order Acknowledgments
- Provides supplier material/equipment availability, supplier capacity capabilities, supplies lead-time and material shortage information. Helps to determine root causes for poor on-time vendor performance and late deliveries
- Update changes to PO — obtain re-approval on price and quantity changes
- Communicates price changes and/or discrepancies
- Establish & lead an MRO approval process from requestor to tiered approval status and placement of orders
- Responsible for the accuracy and maintenance of the planning data related to supplier lead times, lot sizes, packaging configurations, and location of the manufacturing sites
- Ability to build & evaluate RFQs, prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices
- Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, which includes a strong knowledge of supply chain and purchasing problem solving tools. Incumbent should possess statistical tools application skills
- Drive value by defining problems and eliminating root causes. Create supply chain solutions for process improvements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management/Operations, or other related discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum three years of procurement experience within an industrial manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP/MRO software is preferred
- C.P.M., CPIM certifications highly desirable
- Expert knowledge of commodity management including vendor selection, purchasing, performance metrics, and continuous process improvement
- Expert communications for internal and external customer interactions
- Team player able to work across various levels of the organization as well as multi-site
Sun Hydraulics offers industry competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an outstanding benefit program that includes a matched 401(k) and ESOP plan.
Sun is located in beautiful Sarasota, Florida. Our team based work environment is dynamic, flexible and results oriented. Sun is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Card is required.