Free flow nose to side check valve with bypass orifice
Free-flow, nose-to-side check valves with a bypass orifice allow free flow from port 1 to port 2. A customer specified orifice is included to restrict flow from port 2 to port 1. See technical data below for orifice range.
- These valves will work in Sun's standard T-18A cavity at lower capacity. To realize the full stated capacity, the T-18AU cavity should be used.
- Two-port check valves share the same cavity for a given frame size, however, pay close attention as flow paths may be in opposite directions.
- Valves with the opposite flow path (free flow from 2 to 1) are considered flow controls and may be found listed as fixed orifice, non-pressure compensated flow control valve with reverse flow check.
- Will accept 5000 psi (350 bar) at ports 1 and 2.
- The customer specified orifice diameter is stamped on one of the cartridge's hex faces.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||180 gpm680 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Orifice Range||.016 - .354 in.0,4 - 9 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||1 5/8 in.41,3 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||350 - 375 lbf ft474 - 508 Nm|
|Model Weight||2.10 lb0,95 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990018007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990018006|
Because of the very high ratio, the COFO has limited capacity. The discharge path is across a .050 inch (1,3 mm) diameter orifice. If you have large accumulators combined with low precharge pressures, this may not discharge the energy quickly enough. Using the COFO XDN cartridge in conjunction with an LODA XDN will provide capacity for larger applications.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Sun Introduces Additional Solenoid-Operated Pilot Valves
- CavitySaver multi-function valves deliver single-cartridge solutions
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- New Solenoid Valve Delivers Cost-Effective Load-Holding Solution
- Check Valves, Flow Control and Priority Flow Control Valves Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)