2-way, solenoid-operated directional spool valve - pilot capacity
This solenoid-operated 2-way, 2-position cartridge is a direct-acting, balanced spool pilot valve used to pilot other full-flow valves. The valve is available in either a normally open or normally closed configuration.
This cartridge can be installed directly into a cavity in the end of many of Sun's pilot operated and ventable valves to provide integrated pilot control.
- Model DAAL integrates the same coil, connector, and manual override options that are currently available on Series 1 valves. The DAAL is interchangeable with the DAAA except for the external coil dimensions and higher coil wattage.
- The solenoid tube assembly is fatigue rated for 5000 psi (350 bar) service.
- This valve is direct actuated and requires no minimum hydraulic pressure for operation.
- This cartridge has several manual override choices, including no manual override. See the CONFIGURATION section. Please note: Manual override functionality is not compatible with weatherized coils.
- Cartridge can be installed directly into a cavity in some Sun pilot operated and ventable cartridges to provide electrically operated pilot control functions. Separate pilot lines are eliminated and only one cavity needs to be machined to accommodate both the control and primary function.
- Valves exhibit extremely low leakage rates; less than 10 drops/min. @ 5000 psi (0,7 cc/min @ 350 bar).
- Note: The main stage valve should first be installed to the correct torque value followed by the T-8A pilot control section into the main stage valve to its required torque value.
- On models equipped with the D or L control, the detent mechanism in the manual override is meant for temporary actuation. The D, L and T manual control assembly has a mechanical life expectancy of approximately 7,000 cycles.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- This valve utilizes a wet armature design. This means that the working fluid surrounds the armature and is exposed to the heat generated by the coil. This can be a factor if the coil is energized for long periods of time. Some fluids, notably water/glycol mixtures, break down at these temperatures over time and form varnishes that will affect the function of the cartridge.
- Coils are interchangeable with other Sun Series 1 solenoid products and can be mounted on the tube in either direction.
- Coil connector options offer ratings up to IP69K. See individual coil product pages for details. Additional weatherized coils and kits are available for more complete environmental protection.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||.25 gpm1 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||50 ms50 ms|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||10 drops/min.@5000 psi0,7 cc/min.@350 bar|
|Switching Frequency||15000 cycles/hr15000 cycles/hr|
|Manual Override Force Requirement||5 lbs/1000 psi @ Port 133 N/100 bar @ Port 1|
|Manual Override Stroke||.10 in.2,5 mm|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.75 in.19 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||20 - 25 lbf ft27 - 33 Nm|
|Model Weight (with coil)||1.00 lb0,45 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990008007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||EPDM: 990008014|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990008002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990008006|
|Seal and nut kit - Coil||Viton: 990770006|
In many circuits the directional cartridge is set to shift at a low pressure no matter how high the pilot pressure goes. If you use a DP__ , the pilot flow increases to significant amounts. A DR__ however will only consume a small amount of flow. A DP__ is useful when you want to block or open the pilot flow to shift the valve.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
DP**s and DR**s are from the reducer/reliever family and are very capable of modulating. They are not bistable.
The overall functionality of the cartridges are the same. Due to the differences in construction between the two, specific ratings will vary. See technical data attributes for details. Coils are also not interchangeable.
- Please verify cartridge clearance requirements when choosing a Sun manifold. Different valve controls and coils require different clearances.
- An additional 2.00 inches (50,8 mm) beyond the valve extension is needed for coil installation and removal.
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Configure Your Bluetooth Embedded Amplifier with AmpSet Blue™
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- New Solenoid Valve Delivers Cost-Effective Load-Holding Solution
- Sun’s High Flow 2-Way Solenoid Operated Valves
- High Capacity Solenoid Valves
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Introduces Additional Solenoid-Operated Pilot Valves
- Sun's New Value Series Solenoid-Operated Valves
- Weatherized Solenoid Valves for Harsh Environments
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- Reduce Cylinder Decompression Shock and Cost of Ownership
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
No coil selected.