2-way, solenoid-operated directional, Digital Logic Valve - pilot capacity
This high-speed, low-power, solenoid-operated, 2-way, 2-position cartridge is a direct-acting, balanced-spool, pilot valve used to pilot other full-flow valves. The valve is available in either a normally open or normally closed configuration.
This cartridge can be installed directly into a cavity in the end of many of Sun's pilot-operated and ventable valves to provide integrated pilot control.
- Unique solenoid design results in very fast actuation.
- Port 1 is the preferred inlet for this valve. See Performance Curves for more information.
- Maximum inlet pressure flowing 1 to 2 is 5000 psi. Maximum inlet pressure flowing port 2 to 1 is 4500 psi. See Performance Curves for more information
- This valve is direct actuated and requires no minimum hydraulic pressure for operation.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- CE Approved - up to 30-V/m immunity.
- RoHS compliant.
- Coil and electronics are embedded in valve housing with polyurethane potting compound.
- Coil windings utilize Class H, (356° F [180° C] rated) magnet wire.
- Valve connector is rated up to IP69K depending on the mating cable.
- Cartridge can be installed directly into a cavity in many Sun pilot-operated and ventable cartridges to provide electrically operated pilot control functions. Separate pilot lines are eliminated, and only one cavity needs to be machined to accommodate both the control and primary function.
- Highly efficient solenoid design and integrated electronics require only 2 Watts once the valve has shifted.
- The valve assembly is fatigue rated for 5000-psi (350-bar) service.
- When limiting flow to the valve, a needle valve or fixed orifice is recommended.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||.25 gpm1 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||2.5 in³/min.@5000 psi41 cc/min.@350 bar|
|Switching Frequency||13 Hz13 Hz|
|Response Time - Normally Closed Spool||12 ms12 ms|
|Response Time - Normally Open Spool||9 ms9 ms|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||20 - 25 lbf ft27 - 33 Nm|
|Model Weight||.20 lb0,10 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990708007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990708006|
|Power Consumption - Hold (typical at rated voltage)||2 watts2 watts|
|Power Consumption - Peak (typical at rated voltage)||15 watts15 watts|
|Nominal Coil Resistance at 68ºF (20ºC) Cold (12 Vdc)||9.4 ohms9.4 ohms|
|Nominal Coil Resistance at 68ºF (20ºC) Cold (24 Vdc)||36.2 ohms36.2 ohms|
|Supply Voltage (12 Vdc)||11-14 Vdc11-14 Vdc|
|Supply Voltage (24 Vdc)||22-28 Vdc22-28 Vdc|
|Supply Current Requirement (12 Vdc)||1.50 A - 30 ms1.50 A - 30 ms|
|Supply Current Requirement (24 Vdc)||0.75 A - 30 ms0.75 A - 30 ms|
|Operating Temperature Range||-4 - 176 °F-20 - 80 °C|
|Connector Environment Rating||IP67 (IP69K dependent on cable)IP67 (IP69K dependent on cable)|
In many circuits the directional cartridge is set to shift at a low pressure no matter how high the pilot pressure goes. If you use a DP__ , the pilot flow increases to significant amounts. A DR__ however will only consume a small amount of flow. A DP__ is useful when you want to block or open the pilot flow to shift the valve.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
DP**s and DR**s are from the reducer/reliever family and are very capable of modulating. They are not bistable.
The overall functionality of the cartridges are the same. Due to the differences in construction between the two, specific ratings will vary. See technical data attributes for details. Coils are also not interchangeable.
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Configure Your Bluetooth Embedded Amplifier with AmpSet Blue™
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- New Solenoid Valve Delivers Cost-Effective Load-Holding Solution
- Sun’s High Flow 2-Way Solenoid Operated Valves
- High Capacity Solenoid Valves
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Introduces Additional Solenoid-Operated Pilot Valves
- Sun's New Value Series Solenoid-Operated Valves
- Weatherized Solenoid Valves for Harsh Environments
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)