3-way, solenoid-operated directional spool valve with position switch
This solenoid-operated 3-way, 2-position cartridge is a direct-acting, balanced spool directional valve. The transition between positions is closed. The closed transition greatly reduces the loss of oil when shifting which can be of particular importance in pilot control circuits.
The position switch provides confirmation that the valve is in the spring biased position.
- A coil must be ordered with this cartridge. This cartridge is supplied as a sealed, factory set unit and is not field serviceable. If the assembly requires changes or service it needs to be returned to the factory. Any tampering will violate the product warranty.
- Position switch is CE approved.
- When torquing this cartridge into its cavity, a crow's foot wrench or similar will be required since the position switch precludes the use of a deep socket wrench.
- The solenoid tube assembly is fatigue rated for 5000 psi (350 bar) service.
- This valve is direct actuated and requires no minimum hydraulic pressure for operation.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- This valve utilizes a wet armature design. This means that the working fluid surrounds the armature and is exposed to the heat generated by the coil. This can be a factor if the coil is energized for long periods of time. Some fluids, notably water/glycol mixtures, break down at these temperatures over time and form varnishes that will affect the function of the cartridge.
- A wide variety of coil termination and voltage options are available, with and without surge protection. See the CONFIGURATION section.
- The solenoid's unique magnetic design results in a high efficiency solenoid, yielding high spool actuating force per Watt expended, leading to reliable valve shifting.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||12 gpm45 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||50 ms50 ms|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||5 in³/min.@3000 psi80 cc/min.@210 bar|
|Switching Frequency||15000 cycles/hr15000 cycles/hr|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.75 in.19 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Model Weight||.50 lb0,25 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990411007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||EPDM: 990411014|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990411006|
|Supply Voltage||20-30 VDC20-30 VDC|
|Reverse Polarity Protection||YesYes|
|Maximum Output Load||≤ 400 mA, Duty Ratio 100%≤ 400 mA, Duty Ratio 100%|
|Short Circuit Protection||Yes, Load Short UnlimitedYes, Load Short Unlimited|
|Turn On Time||≤ 25 ms≤ 25 ms|
|Hysteresis||≤ .002 in.≤ .002 in.|
|Operating Temperature Range||-25 to 80 °C-25 to 80 °C|
|Thermal Shift - 0 to 80 °C ≤ ±||.004 in.0,1 mm|
|EMC||DIN EN 61000-6-1/2/3/4DIN EN 61000-6-1/2/3/4|
|Vibration||≥ 50g, 0-500 impulses/sec≥ 50g, 0-500 impulses/sec|
|Shock||>50 g, 1ms>50 g, 1ms|
|Connector||M12 X 1 (4) PinM12 X 1 (4) Pin|
|Connector Environment Rating||IP65IP65|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
DP**s and DR**s are from the reducer/reliever family and are very capable of modulating. They are not bistable.
In many circuits the directional cartridge is set to shift at a low pressure no matter how high the pilot pressure goes. If you use a DP__ , the pilot flow increases to significant amounts. A DR__ however will only consume a small amount of flow. A DP__ is useful when you want to block or open the pilot flow to shift the valve.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- An additional 2.00 inches (50,8 mm) beyond the valve extension is needed for coil installation and removal.
- Pilot-to-Shift Directional Valves and Proportional Throttles
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Weatherized Solenoid Valves for Harsh Environments
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Configure Your Bluetooth Embedded Amplifier with AmpSet Blue™
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- New Solenoid Valve Delivers Cost-Effective Load-Holding Solution
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Sun's New Value Series Solenoid-Operated Valves
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Introduces Additional Solenoid-Operated Pilot Valves
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
No coil selected.