2-way, direct-acting, solenoid-operated directional poppet valve with overlap and position switch
This solenoid-operated 2-way, 2-position cartridge is a direct-acting, poppet-style directional valve. Due to the poppet-style construction, this valve has extremely low leakage.
Many poppet style directional valves pass a small amount of fluid when the pressure across them changes suddenly. This is due to the compressibility of the fluid. This valve has been designed to prevent this from happening.
The position switch provides confirmation that the valve is in the non-energized position.
- A coil must be ordered with this cartridge. This cartridge is supplied as a sealed, factory set unit and is not field serviceable. If the assembly requires changes or service it needs to be returned to the factory. Any tampering will violate the product warranty.
- Position switch is CE approved.
- When torquing this cartridge into its cavity, a crow's foot wrench or similar will be required since the position switch precludes the use of a deep socket wrench.
- The solenoid tube assembly is fatigue rated for 5000 psi (350 bar) service.
- This valve is direct actuated and requires no minimum hydraulic pressure for operation.
- This valve is suitable for load holding applications. In the event of power failure, the valve will spring closed.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- This valve utilizes a wet armature design. This means that the working fluid surrounds the armature and is exposed to the heat generated by the coil. This can be a factor if the coil is energized for long periods of time. Some fluids, notably water/glycol mixtures, break down at these temperatures over time and form varnishes that will affect the function of the cartridge.
- The solenoid's unique magnetic design results in a high efficiency solenoid, yielding high spool actuating force per Watt expended, leading to reliable valve shifting.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||6 gpm23 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||50 ms50 ms|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||10 drops/min.@5000 psi0,7 cc/min.@350 bar|
|Switching Frequency||15000 cycles/hr15000 cycles/hr|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.75 in.19 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Model Weight||.50 lb0,25 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990413007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||EPDM: 990413014|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990413002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990413006|
|Supply Voltage||20-30 VDC20-30 VDC|
|Operating Temperature Range||-25 to 80 °C-25 to 80 °C|
|Vibration||≥ 50g, 0-500 impulses/sec≥ 50g, 0-500 impulses/sec|
|Shock||>50 g, 1ms>50 g, 1ms|
|Reverse Polarity Protection||YesYes|
|Maximum Output Load||≤ 400 mA, Duty Ratio 100%≤ 400 mA, Duty Ratio 100%|
|Short Circuit Protection||Yes, Load Short UnlimitedYes, Load Short Unlimited|
|Turn On Time||≤ 25 ms≤ 25 ms|
|Hysteresis||≤ .002 in.≤ .002 in.|
|Thermal Shift - 0 to 80 °C ≤ ±||.004 in.0,1 mm|
|EMC||DIN EN 61000-6-1/2/3/4DIN EN 61000-6-1/2/3/4|
|Connector||M12 X 1 (4) PinM12 X 1 (4) Pin|
|Connector Environment Rating||IP65IP65|
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
- An additional 2.00 inches (50,8 mm) beyond the valve extension is needed for coil installation and removal.
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- New Solenoid Valve Delivers Cost-Effective Load-Holding Solution
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun’s High Flow 2-Way Solenoid Operated Valves
- High Capacity Solenoid Valves
- Sun Introduces Additional Solenoid-Operated Pilot Valves
- Sun's New Value Series Solenoid-Operated Valves
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Performance Data
- Cartridges: Materials of Construction
- Units of Measure, Settings, and Conversions
- Cavity Information (S-171) and Tooling
- Sun's Floating Style Screw-In Cartridge (719.9 KB)
- Sun Model Code Explanation; 999-901-334 (343.9 KB)
- Fluid Recommendations: Oil Viscosity, Cleanliness & Temperature
- CE Declaration of Conformity - XMD 12-2017 (133.69 KB)
No coil selected.