Value Series, 3-way, direct-acting, solenoid-operated directional poppet valve - 3600 psi (250 bar)
This solenoid-operated 3-way, 2-position cartridge is a direct-acting, poppet-style directional valve. The valve is normally open between port 1 and port 2 with port 3 blocked. Energizing the valve connects port 2 to 3 and blocks port 1. All flow paths are bidirectional and blocked paths are blocked in both directions. Due to the poppet style construction, this valve has extremely low leakage.
- This valve is direct actuated and requires no minimum hydraulic pressure for operation.
- This valve is suitable for load holding applications on port 3 only. In the event of power failure, the valve would spring closed.
- The solenoid tube assembly is fatigue rated for 3600 psi (250 bar) service.
- This valve exhibits extremely low leakage rates; less than 10 drops/min. @ 3000 psi (0,7 cc/min @ 210 bar).
- This valve utilizes a wet armature design. This means that the working fluid surrounds the armature and is exposed to the heat generated by the coil. This can be a factor if the coil is energized for long periods of time. Some fluids, notably water/glycol mixtures, break down at these temperatures over time and form varnishes that will affect the function of the cartridge.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||5 gpm20 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||3600 psi250 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||50 ms50 ms|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||10 drops/min.@3000 psi0,7 cc/min.@210 bar|
|Manual Override Force Requirement||10 lbs/1000 psi @ Port 166 N/100 bar @ Port 1|
|Manual Override Stroke||.10 in.2,5 mm|
|Switching Frequency||15000 cycles/hr15000 cycles/hr|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.50 in.12,7 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Model Weight||.70 lb0,30 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990811007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990811006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Please verify cartridge clearance requirements when choosing a Sun manifold. Different valve controls and coils require different clearances.
- An additional 2.00 inches (50,8 mm) beyond the valve extension is needed for coil installation and removal.
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Sun's New Value Series Solenoid-Operated Valves
- Sun Introduces Additional Solenoid-Operated Pilot Valves
- Pilot-to-Shift Directional Valves and Proportional Throttles
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- New Solenoid Valve Delivers Cost-Effective Load-Holding Solution
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
No coil selected.