Normally closed, modulating element with pilot source from port 1
Normally closed modulating elements with an internal orifice between port 1 and port 3 can be used as a main-stage relief valve. The valve can be controlled remotely using a pilot relief or pilot solenoid valve.
- A tuning adjustment (models configured with an L control) is available to vary the pressure drop across the compensator to increase/decrease flow within +/-25% of setting. This option is only available with the D spring option (50 psi [3,5 bar]).
- All ports will accept 5000 psi (350 bar).
- Corrosion resistant cartridge valves are intended for use in corrosive environments and are identified by the model code suffix /AP for external stainless steel components, or /LH for external zinc-nickel plated components. See the CONFIGURATION section for all options. For further details, please see the Materials of Construction page located under TECH RESOURCES.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||30 gpm120 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Control Pilot Flow||10 - 15 in³/min.0,16 - 0,25 L/min.|
|Control Orifice Diameter||.016 in.0,4 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/8 in.28,6 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||45 - 50 lbf ft61 - 68 Nm|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990202007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990002002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990202006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)