Non-adjustable direct-acting relief valve
Non-adjustable direct-acting relief cartridges are normally closed, pressure-limiting valves used to protect hydraulic components from pressure transients. When the pressure at the inlet (port 1) reaches the valve setting, the valve starts to open to tank (port 2), throttling flow to limit the pressure rise. These valves are smooth and quiet, essentially zero leak, dirt tolerant, immune to silting and are very fast.
- Customer must specfy setting. The valve will be factory set and is tamper proof.
- Will accept maximum pressure at port 2; suitable for use in cross port relief circuits.
- Valve is relatively insensitive to varying oil temperatures and oil borne contamination.
- Select a spring range where the desired relief setting is approximately mid-range to high between the minimum and maximum pressure to ensure maximum valve repeatability.
- Suitable for use in load holding applications.
- Back pressure on the tank port (port 2) is directly additive to the valve setting at a 1:1 ratio.
- All 2-port relief cartridges (except pilot reliefs) are physically and functionally interchangeable (same flow path, same cavity for a given frame size).
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||25 gpm95 L/min.|
|Factory Pressure Settings Established at||4 gpm15 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||2 ms2 ms|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at Reseat||10 drops/min.0,7 cc/min.|
|Reseat||>90% of setting>90% of setting|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Model Weight||.30 lb0,15 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990310007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990310006|
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
One graphic example is on a portable grain auger for silos. When the farmer gets caught in the auger the kick-down relief trips and allows him to escape.
Pressure setting tolerances are listed in our Performance Data page. A link to this page can also be found in the Additional Resources tab of the applicable product page.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Maybe not. We build in a good amount of overlap in the kick-down reliefs to prevent false tripping. This means they are not as fast as our standard pilot-operated reliefs. A direct-acting relief valve set just above the kick-down relief valve would be good insurance.
- Pilot-Operated, Balanced Poppet, Anti Shock Reliefs
- CavitySaver multi-function valves deliver single-cartridge solutions
- 'Soft' Relief Eliminates Pressure Spikes
- Tri-Grip Handknob Now Offered From Sun as a Standard Control Option
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Introduces 'Hybrid' Valves
- CE/TÜV Certified Pressure Relief Valves
- Pressure Relief and Regulating Cartridge Valve Technical Tips
- Pilot Operated, Balanced Poppet Relief Valves
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Sun's Floating Style Screw-In Cartridge (719.9 KB)
- Units of Measure, Settings, and Conversions
- Cavity Information (S-171) and Tooling
- Sun Model Code Explanation; 999-901-334 (343.9 KB)
- Cartridges: Materials of Construction
- Fluid Recommendations: Oil Viscosity, Cleanliness & Temperature
- Performance Data
- Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU