Dual cushion lock assembly with flow dividers
|B, B/S||Ports VA & VB: 3/8" NPTF; Port T: 1/2" NPTF; Ports C1 & C2: 1/4" NPTF;|
|J, J/S||Ports VA & VB: SAE 8; Port T: SAE 10; Ports C1 & C2: SAE 6;|
|U, U/S||Ports VA & VB: 3/8" BSPP; Port T: 1/2" BSPP; Ports C1 & C2: 1/4" BSPP;|
This assembly is a combination of the cushion lock circuit and flow dividers.
It provides flow division to two actuators in both directions.
It provides overrunning load control in both directions.
It provides cross-port relief protection.
It provides thermal relief protection.
It supplies make-up oil.
It flushes hot and dirty oil out of the actuators.
- The counterbalance valves should be set at 1.3 times the maximum load induced pressure.
- Operating characteristics cause the leg of the circuit with the greatest load to receive the higher percentage of flow in dividing mode. If a rigid mechanism is used to tie actuators together, the lead actuator may pull the lagging actuator and cause it to cavitate.
- Below the minimum flow rating there is not enough flow for the valve to modulate. It is effectively a tee. If flow starts at zero and rises, there will be no dividing control until the flow reaches the minimum rating.
|Body Type||Line mountLine mount|
|Capacity||1.5 - 8 gpm6 - 30 L/min.|
|Mounting Hole Diameter||.42 in.10,7 mm|
|Mounting Hole Depth||ThroughThrough|
|Mounting Hole Quantity||22|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Reasons to anodize:
- To increase corrosion resistance. Sun uses 6061-T651 aluminum. It is one of the most corrosion resistant aluminum alloys there is. Whether or not anodizing improves the corrosion resistance of 6061 aluminum is debatable. We have yet to have a manifold returned because of corrosion.
- Appearance (color). The 2 colors that would appeal to Sun would be blue or black. Unfortunately these are the colors that are hardest to do consistently.
- To provide a hard wear surface. Sun does not make parts-in-body valves. The manifold is just plumbing. We don't need a wear surface.
- Because everyone else does it. Bad reason.
Reasons to not anodize:
- Cost. It's another process.
- Logistics. When you make tens of thousands of manifolds a month and you anodize hundreds, it's a problem. Consistency. See above.
- Stamping. After a body is anodized you cannot do any more stamping without making a mess.
Inspection. Have you ever tried to look for burrs in a black anodized body? It's the old blackboard factory at night scenario.
- Torque. You will experience an increase in breakaway torque when removing items from an anodized manifold.
- Fatigue life. This is the best reason to not anodize. Fatigue failure is a very complex phenomenon. What it takes to initiate a crack is difficult to predict. What it takes to propagate a crack is readily defined. Anodizing produces a very thin, very hard, and very brittle surface on aluminum. The first time you pressurize an anodized aluminum manifold you have initiated fatigue cracks. Whether or not the stress is enough to propagate the cracks is a matter of pressure and manifold geometry. Anodizing an aluminum manifold grossly reduces the fatigue life by anywhere from 20% to 50%.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Please consider stack requirements when choosing a coil. Sun explosion proof coils are larger than other coils and may interfere with components above or below this manifold. A tap in manifold can be used to add additional clearance.
- Important: Carefully consider the maximum system pressure. The pressure rating of the manifold is dependent on the manifold material, with the port type/size a secondary consideration. Manifolds constructed of aluminum are not rated for pressures higher than 3000 psi (210 bar), regardless of the port type/size specified.
- Integrated Packages: Solutions That Grow Your Reputation
- Putting Sun at the heart of hydraulic regenerative braking systems
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)