Pressure reducing/relieving assembly, with reverse flow check
|A, A/S||Ports 1 & 2: 1/4" NPTF; Port 3: 1/4" NPTF;|
|B, B/S||Ports 1 & 2: 3/8" NPTF; Port 3: 1/4" NPTF;|
|C, C/S||Ports 1 & 2: 1/2" NPTF; Port 3: 1/4" NPTF;|
|D, D/S||Ports 1 & 2: 3/4" NPTF; Port 3: 1/4" NPTF;|
|I, I/S||Ports 1 & 2: SAE 6; Port 3: SAE 6;|
|J, J/S||Ports 1 & 2: SAE 8; Port 3: SAE 6;|
|K, K/S||Ports 1 & 2: SAE 10; Port 3: SAE 6;|
|U, U/S||Ports 1 & 2: 3/8" BSPP; Port 3: 1/4" BSPP;|
|V, V/S||Ports 1 & 2: 1/2" BSPP; Port 3: 1/4" BSPP;|
|W, W/S||Ports 1 & 2: 3/4" BSPP; Port 3: 1/4" BSPP;|
This assembly consists of a pilot-operated pressure reducing/relieving valve which reduces a high primary pressure at the inlet (port 2) to a constant reduced pressure at port 1, with a full-flow relief function from port 1 to tank (port 3). A reverse flow check allows free flow from port 1 to port 2.
The air signal is supplied through a port in the hex-end of the cartridge and the hydraulic setting is directly proportional to the air setting at a ratio of 20:1 (hydraulic:air).
- Pilot operated valves exhibit exceptionally flat pressure/flow characteristics, are very stable and have low hysteresis.
|Body Type||Line mountLine mount|
|Capacity||20 gpm80 L/min.|
|Mounting Hole Diameter||.28 in.7,1 mm|
|Mounting Hole Quantity||22|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- The external 1/4 NPTF pilot port is part of the pressure reducing / relieving cartridge.
- Important: Carefully consider the maximum system pressure. The pressure rating of the manifold is dependent on the manifold material, with the port type/size a secondary consideration. Manifolds constructed of aluminum are not rated for pressures higher than 3000 psi (210 bar), regardless of the port type/size specified.
- Integrated Packages: Solutions That Grow Your Reputation
- Putting Sun at the heart of hydraulic regenerative braking systems
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)