Electro-proportional 3-way flow control valve, meter in assembly
|U7M, /10, /11, /15, /16, /S, /S3, /V, /Y, /Y3||Gage Ports (Plugged): SAE 4;|
|U7M/1A, /1B, /1F, /1G, /M, /T, /T3, /W, /W3, /Z||Gage Ports (Plugged): 1/4" BSPP;|
This valve is a 3-way, meter-in, electro-proportional throttle. The flow path, unenergized, has the supply blocked at port 1 and port 2 connected to tank at port 3. Energizing the coil generates a closing force on the spool, creating a metering orifice in the 1 to 2 direction that is proportional to the coil command current. The valve self-compensates in the 1 to 2 direction and with the addition of an external compensator will provide pressure compensated flow control. Flow in the 2 to 3 direction is not proportional.
- The transition between positions is closed.
- Using 2 3-ways to create a 4-way allows one to choose existing flow ranges instead of cutting a special spool.
- These valves may be pressure compensated by an external, modulating, logic element. Use LR_C-XHN for a bypass circuit or LP_C-XHN for a restrictive circuit.
- The valve provides a degree of self-compensation and may be used as a flow control. To increase the accuracy of flow control, an external, modulating, logic element can be used to maintain a constant flow over a wider range of flows and pressures. See performance curves for additional information.
- All ports will accept 5000 psi (350 bar).
- Coils are interchangeable with Sun's other full flow, solenoid-operated valves and can be mounted on the tube in either direction.
- For optimum performance, an amplifier with current sensing and adjustable dither should be used. Dither should be adjustable between 100 - 250 Hz.
- On models equipped with the D or L control, the detent mechanism in the manual override is meant for temporary actuation. The D, E, L and T manual control assemblies have a mechanical life expectancy of approximately 7,000 cycles.
- The momentary/twist override option "E" allows the operator to shift the valve by twisting the manual override clockwise 90 degrees.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||6 gpm23 L/min.|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||2 in³/min.@1000 psi30 cc/min.@70 bar|
|Manual Override Force Requirement||5 lbs/1000 psi @ Port 133 N/100 bar @ Port 1|
|Manual Override Stroke||.10 in.2,5 mm|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.75 in.19 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Model Weight (with coil)||1.10 lb0,50 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990411007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990411006|
|Seal and nut kit - Coil||Viton: 990770006|
|Interface||ISO 03ISO 03|
|Body Features||Cover manifold, 4 way, combined ports 1 to P, ports 2 to A and B and combined ports 3 to TCover manifold, 4 way, combined ports 1 to P, ports 2 to A and B and combined ports 3 to T|
|Seal Plate Included (see notes)||NoNo|
|Clamp Height||1.66 in.1.66 in.|
|Port Size||SAE 4SAE 4|
- Please verify cartridge clearance requirements when choosing a Sun manifold. Different valve controls and coils require different clearances.
- Important: Carefully consider the maximum system pressure. The pressure rating of the manifold is dependent on the manifold material, with the port type/size a secondary consideration. Manifolds constructed of aluminum are not rated for pressures higher than 3000 psi (210 bar), regardless of the port type/size specified.
- CANpoint XMD Configuration Software
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Putting Sun at the heart of hydraulic regenerative braking systems
- Sun's Proportional Valves Enable Meter-in and Meter-out in Motion Control Circuits
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Sandwich Bodies Interchangeable with Bosch and Others
- High Capacity Electro-Proportional Throttle Valve
- Our FLeX family of solenoid-operated valves is expanding
- Electro-Proportional Basics Explained
- CavitySaver multi-function valves deliver single-cartridge solutions
- Factory-tuned, optimized electro-hydraulics right out of the box
- Check Valves, Flow Control and Priority Flow Control Valves Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Mounting and Assembly of Sandwich Bodies (575.9 KB)
- Proportional Amplifiers and Ancillary Products (2.06 MB)
- Cartridges: Materials of Construction
- Sun's Floating Style Screw-In Cartridge (1.06 MB)
- Fluid Recommendations: Oil Viscosity, Cleanliness & Temperature
- Manifolds: Materials of Construction
- Sun Model Code Explanation; 999-901-334 (343.9 KB)
- Performance Data
- Custom Integrated Packages from Sun
- Units of Measure, Settings, and Conversions
- Electro-Hydraulic Terms and Definitions (2.94 MB)
- QuickDesign & SunDesign: Sun's 3- & 5-Axis Solutions
- Cavity Information (S-171) and Tooling
- Removing Valves from Ductile Manifolds (73.96 KB)