FLeX Series electro-proporcional , blocking disco estrangulación - normalmente cerrado
This valve is a normally closed, electro-proportional, blocking poppet throttle that is spring-biased closed. Energizing the coil generates an opening force on the poppet proportional to the command current, and this force is countered by the spring and flow forces. This force balance creates a metering orifice whose effective size is proportional to the current. The valve exhibits a large degree of self-compensation in the 2-to-1 direction and will provide proportional flow control in the 1-to-2 direction with the addition of an external compensator. Full reverse flow (1-to-2) with 100% command in the 1-to-2 direction is possible without a compensator under all conditions.
- Designed and tested to 1 million on-off operational cycles.
- Direct actuated and requires no minimum hydraulic pressure for operation.
- This valve exhibits a large degree of self-compensation in the 2-to-1 direction and will provide proportional flow control in the 1-to-2 direction with the addition of an external compensator.
- Full reverse flow (1-to-2) with 100% command in the 1-to-2 direction is possible without a compensator under all conditions.
- 50-psi (3,5-bar) minimum back pressure is recommended.
- Extremely low leakage - 0.004 in3 (0.07 cc3)/min (1 drop/min)
- For optimum performance, an amplifier with current sensing and adjustable dither should be used. Dither should be adjustable between 100 - 250 Hz.
- FLeX Series proportional valves are fully compatible with the XMD Expandable Mobile Drivers from Sun.
- Exceeds new NFPA test standard T2.6.1 R2014 for fatigue and burst pressure ratings.
- Designed using CFD fluid simulation for optimized geometries.
- Capacities rated at 200-psi (14-bar) differential.
- All configurations of this valve include zinc-nickel plating as standard for 1000-hour salt fog protection.
- This valve can be used with both the 740 Series high-power coils and 747 Series hazardous location coils.
- A wide variety of coil termination and voltage options are available, with and without surge protection. See the CONFIGURATION section.
- Coil connector options offer ratings up to IP69K. See individual coil product pages for details.
- A FULL DATA SHEET is available for this model using the link at the top of the page.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||2.6 gpm9,8 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||0.004 in³/min.@5000 psi0,07 cc/min.@350 bar|
|Viscosity Range||35 - 2000 SUS2,8 - 380 cSt|
|Response Time - Typical||50 ms50 ms|
|Switching Frequency||15,000 max. cycles/hr15,000 max. cycles/hr|
|Valve Hex Size||3/4 in.19,1 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||20 - 25 lbf ft27 - 33 Nm|
|Model Weight||.30 lb0,15 kg|
|U.S. Patent #||10,302,20110,302,201|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990162007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990162006|
|Hysteresis (with dither)||14%14%|
|Linearity (with dither)||5%5%|
|Repeatability (with dither)||7%7%|
|Recommended dither frequency||100 Hz100 Hz|
|Deadband, nominal (as a percentage of input)||50%50%|
The valve acts as a 2 port restrictive flow control.
The spring force in our flow controls equates to about 100 psi (7 bar). This is high enough to give the valves acceptable capacity (not really) and not too high for proper circuit operation. 100 psi (7 bar) is the spring force; at the upper end of the flow control's range, the drop through the valve will be as high as 250 psi (17 bar) before it starts modulating.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
In a meter-in flow control circuit if the pump is set at 3000 psi and the load is 2000 psi the drop through the flow control is 1000 psi. In a meter-out circuit with the load at 2000 psi the drop through the flow control is 2000 psi.
We claim +/- 10%. We set to +/- 5% in production testing to allow for differences in customers' conditions. If you want accuracy, stay in the bottom 2/3rds of the range. Our 12 gpm (45 L/min.) flow controls are quite flat at 9 gpm (34 L/min.) and dead flat below 6 gpm (23 L/min.), until you get to the bottom of the range. Below about .25 gpm (1 L/min.), spool leakage and orifice conditions start to limit accuracy.
I am afraid not. Unless you are overflowing your current valve and correctly size ours, you are not likely to notice any improvement. Priority flow controls are not efficient devices. They are an easy way to get more than 1 source of oil from 1 pump but they can generate a lot of heat. Try to size your actuators so the pressures are similar on both the priority and the bypass circuits. If you can't do that, try to have the lower flow leg be the lower pressure. The pump pressure is determined by whichever leg is higher and if there is flow that is taking a pressure drop that is not doing work it is creating heat.
All flow is blocked, hence the term priority. The priority flow has to be satisfied.
Yes. All FLeX phase 1 valves are available in the SmartConnect schematic tool, and are also available for submittal to QuickDesign.
- Please verify cartridge clearance requirements when choosing a Sun manifold. Different valve controls and coils require different clearances.
- An additional 2.00 inches (50,8 mm) beyond the valve extension is needed for coil installation and removal.
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Precise, cost-effective control for motors & cylinders
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Nuevas válvulas direccionales accionadas por solenoide de la serie FLeX
- Sun's Proportional Valves Enable Meter-in and Meter-out in Motion Control Circuits
- Electrohidráulica robusta y confiable
- High Capacity Electro-Proportional Throttle Valve
- Válvulas y bobinas a solenoides de la serie Sun FLeX
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Válvulas CavitySaver de multifunción ofrecen varias soluciones en una
- Software de configuración CANpoint XMD
- Electro-Proportional Basics Explained
- Electrohidráulica optimizada y ajustada de fábrica desde el primer momento
- Nuestra familia FLeX de válvulas accionadas por solenoide amplía sus opciones
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- QuickDesign con SmartConnect Ofrece una Herramienta para Construir Esquemáticos
- ¿Por qué esperar? Obtenga las válvulas FLeX de Sun y nuestros nuevos controladores XMD cuando los desee.
- Proportional Amplifiers and Ancillary Products (2.06 MB)
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
- Sun's Floating Style Screw-In Cartridge (1.06 MB)
- Fluid Recommendations: Oil Viscosity, Cleanliness & Temperature
- Sun Model Code Explanation; 999-901-334 (343.9 KB)
- Units of Measure, Settings, and Conversions
- Cartridges: Materials of Construction
- Performance Data
- Electro-Hydraulic Terms and Definitions (2.94 MB)
- Cavity Information (S-171) and Tooling
- 747 Series Hazardous Location Coils - IECEx Certificate of Confor (285.26 KB)
- 747 Series Hazardous Location Coils - ATEX Certificate (976.94 KB)
- 747 Series Hazardous Location Coils - CSA Certificate of Complian (106.22 KB)
No coil selected.