Series P - T-9A cavity, EPDM, cartridge seal kit
Sun offers replacement seal kits for all cartridge models. These kits include all of the external seals on the cartridge along with installation instructions. Seal kits are available in Buna-N and Viton for all models, along with EPDM and polyurethane for many models. Please note: Converting the external seals from one material to another does not ensure fluid compatibility with that material due to the existence of internal seals within the cartridge.
- EPDM seals have no limited shelf life.
- EPDM seals are purple in color for easy stock and field identification.
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||20 - 25 lbf ft27 - 33 Nm|
What models can this kit be used with?
- Install back-up rings and O-rings as shown in views.
- When installing continuous back-up rings, use the same technique and the same care used to install O-rings.
- After installing the GLYD® Ring, size it to restore original shape and to prevent damage during cartridge installation.
- When installing cartridge - be sure to torque to recommended value.
- GLYD® Ring is a registered trademark of W. S. Shamban and Co., Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Cartridges with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.