Maximum setting limiter with tri-grip handknob control kit, Y control
Sun now offers its latest in hand knob control. This ergonomically designed, tri-grip handknob incorporates dual functionality in one package. It can be used to achieve full range control (five turns) or can be used to limit the maximum allowable setting.
- For use on Series 1, 2, 3, and 4 Sun Cartridges with an L or O adjustment control (except for counterbalance and RD** relief valves).
- The installation of this kit is intended to be permanent. Once assembled to the cartridge, it cannot be easily readjusted or disassembled.
- When used for full range control, the handknob installs easily over the existing L control with no disassembly required. Note: When used as a Maximum Setting Limiter, some disassembly is required. See installation instructions in the Notes tab.
- Provides a robust and rigid attachment between the handknob and the adjust screw.
- Handknob is constructed of an engineered plastic with a threaded metal insert. Lock knob is also constructed of an engineered plastic.
|Cartridge Control||L and O ControlsL and O Controls|
|For Cartridge Models||All Models with an L or O adjustment control (Except Series 0 and Counterbalance)All Models with an L or O adjustment control (Except Series 0 and Counterbalance)|
|Material||Plastic tri-grip handknob with plastic lock knobPlastic tri-grip handknob with plastic lock knob|
What models can this kit be used with?
- PPDB Pilot operated, pressure reducing/relieving valve
- 1a - When used for full range control, install Lock Knob by snapping onto existing Lock Nut (do not remove stop ring).
- 2a - Install Handknob sub-assembly until contact is made with the snap ring (on flow controls which have no stop ring, ensure valve can be shut using handknob). Proceed to Step 4.
- 1b - When used as a maximum setting limiter, set valve at maximum setting and tighten locknut (80-90 lbf in.).
- 2b - Install Lock Knob by snapping on to the locknut.
- 3b - Install Handknob sub-assembly until it bottoms out on LockKnob.
- 4 - Insert Pins through Cap and install Cap onto Handknob. Drive pins in until flush with top of Cap.