Free flow side to nose check valve with bypass orifice and port 3 blocked
Free-flow, side-to-nose cheater check valves with a bypass orifice function as a 2-port check valve in a 3-port cavity. They allow free flow from port 2 to port 1 with a customer specified orifice that controls flow from port 1 to port 2. Port 3 of the cartridge is blocked off.
- When used in a full time regeneration circuit these valves allow full force to be developed by the cylinder when it comes to a stop. The bypass orifice drops the rod end pressure to zero when flow out of the rod stops.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||30 gpm120 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Orifice Range||.016 - .135 in.0,4 - 3,4 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/8 in.28,6 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||45 - 50 lbf ft61 - 68 Nm|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990202007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990002002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990202006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
Because of the very high ratio, the COFO has limited capacity. The discharge path is across a .050 inch (1,3 mm) diameter orifice. If you have large accumulators combined with low precharge pressures, this may not discharge the energy quickly enough. Using the COFO XDN cartridge in conjunction with an LODA XDN will provide capacity for larger applications.
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Sun Introduces Additional Solenoid-Operated Pilot Valves
- CavitySaver multi-function valves deliver single-cartridge solutions
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- New Solenoid Valve Delivers Cost-Effective Load-Holding Solution
- Check Valves, Flow Control and Priority Flow Control Valves Technical Tips
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)