Pilot-to-close check valve with bypass orifice
This valve is a spring biased closed, pilot-to-close check cartridge with a bypass orifice. It incorporates a steel seat and is non-vented. The valve allows flow from port 1 to port 2 and restricts flow from port 2 to port 1. Pressure at the pilot (port 3) opposes pressure at port 1 at a ratio of 1.8:1. Pressure at port 2 directly opposes the pilot pressure. Note: The bypass orifice diameter is specified by the customer. See Technical Data below for the allowable orifice range.
- Features hardened steel seats for excellent wear characteristics and contamination tolerance.
- Nominal pilot ratio is 1.8:1. This means that a pressure of 1000 psi (70 bar) at the pilot port will close a valve against a pressure of 1800 psi (125 bar) at port 1. Any decay or loss of pilot pressure could allow the valve to open, even if it is a momentary decay or loss.
- Pressure at the port 2 area directly opposes pilot pressure.
- With equal pressures at all ports the valve is closed.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||40 gpm160 L/min.|
|Orifice Range||.016 - .127 in.0,4 - 3,2 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/8 in.28,6 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||45 - 50 lbf ft61 - 68 Nm|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990202007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990002002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990202006|
Because of the very high ratio, the COFO has limited capacity. The discharge path is across a .050 inch (1,3 mm) diameter orifice. If you have large accumulators combined with low precharge pressures, this may not discharge the energy quickly enough. Using the COFO XDN cartridge in conjunction with an LODA XDN will provide capacity for larger applications.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- CavitySaver multi-function valves deliver single-cartridge solutions
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Check Valves, Flow Control and Priority Flow Control Valves Technical Tips
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)