20:1 ratio, pilot-to-close check valve
This valve is a spring biased closed, pilot-to-close check cartridge that has a 20:1 pilot ratio. The valve allows flow from port 1 to port 2 and blocks reverse flow. Pressure at the pilot (port 3) opposes pressure at port 1 at a ratio of 20:1.
- Pressure at the port 2 area directly opposes pilot pressure.
- Reverse flow through the valve from port 2 to port 1 is not possible under any condition.
- The valve is a poppet design that results in very low leakage of stored fluid from the accumulator.
- With equal pressures at all ports the valve is closed.
- Capacity is the equivalent of a .109 in. (2,8 mm) diameter orifice.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||.11 in.2,8 mm|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||1 drops/min.0,07 cc/min.|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990011007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||EPDM: 990011014|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990011002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990011006|
Because of the very high ratio, the COFO has limited capacity. The discharge path is across a .050 inch (1,3 mm) diameter orifice. If you have large accumulators combined with low precharge pressures, this may not discharge the energy quickly enough. Using the COFO XDN cartridge in conjunction with an LODA XDN will provide capacity for larger applications.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Check Valves, Flow Control and Priority Flow Control Valves Technical Tips
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- CavitySaver multi-function valves deliver single-cartridge solutions