Insert style, free flow nose to side check valve
Free-flow, nose-to-side check valves are on/off circuit components that allow free flow from the inlet (port 1) to the outlet (port 2) and block flow in the opposite direction.
- This valve is what we call an Insert style. It is meant to be buried in a manifold or actuator. The cavity drawing for the T-162DP cavity contains a lot of detailed information and should be studied closely when applying this valve.
- Two-port check valves share the same cavity for a given frame size, however, pay close attention as flow paths may be in opposite directions.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- Check valves offer extremely low leakage rates with a maximum leakage of less than 1 drop per minute (0,07 cc/min).
- Will accept 5000 psi (350 bar) at ports 1 and 2.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||10 gpm40 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||1 drops/min.0,07 cc/min.|
|Valve Internal Hex Size||5/16 in.8 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||20 - 25 lbf ft27 - 33 Nm|
|Model Weight||.20 lb0,10 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990162007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||EPDM: 990162014|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990162002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990162006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
Because of the very high ratio, the COFO has limited capacity. The discharge path is across a .050 inch (1,3 mm) diameter orifice. If you have large accumulators combined with low precharge pressures, this may not discharge the energy quickly enough. Using the COFO XDN cartridge in conjunction with an LODA XDN will provide capacity for larger applications.
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Check Valves, Flow Control and Priority Flow Control Valves Technical Tips
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- CavitySaver multi-function valves deliver single-cartridge solutions
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)