4-way, 3-position, pilot-to-shift directional valve
Three-position, 4-way directional cartridges are spring-centered, 6-port directional valves that can be configured from a choice of spool options. The supply port is port 3 and all ports will accept 5000 psi (350 bar). Capacity for these pilot-to-shift valves is dependent on the spool type specified.
- All ports will accept 5000 psi (350 bar), including the x and y pilot ports (port 5 and port 6).
- The reason for the different capacities, or performance limits, for the different spool configurations are flow forces. Flow forces are proportional to flow and pressure drop. Typically, they resist the opening of a passage. Spool configurations that open passages as they spring center are the most susceptible. If the flow forces due to the flow and pressure conditions exceed the centering spring force the valve may not shift completely. Higher flows may be used at lower pressures.
- Leakage listed in technical data is for each path.
- The pilot ports, 5 and 6, are positively sealed from the work ports.
- Hardened spool and sleeve provide consistent and low spool leakage rates and excellent wear characteristics.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||7 - 10 gpm28 - 40 L/min.|
|Minimum Pilot Pressure Required to Shift Valve||175 psi12 bar|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||2 in³/min.@1000 psi30 cc/min.@70 bar|
|Pilot Volume Displacement||.02 in³0,33 cc|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Model Weight||.40 lb0,20 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990061007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990061002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990061006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- New Solenoid Valve Delivers Cost-Effective Load-Holding Solution
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Sun's New Value Series Solenoid-Operated Valves
- Sun Introduces Additional Solenoid-Operated Pilot Valves
- Pilot-to-Shift Directional Valves and Proportional Throttles
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
- Pilot Operated Directional Cartridges (2 MB)