4-way, 2-position, pilot-to-shift directional valve
Two-position, 4-way directional cartridges are spring-offset, 6-port directional valves that can be configured from a choice of 9 different spool options. The supply port is port 3 and all ports will accept 5000 psi (350 bar). Capacity for these pilot-to-shift valves is dependent on the spool type specified.
- All ports will accept 5000 psi (350 bar), including the x and y pilot ports (port 5 and port 6).
- The reason for the different capacities, or performance limits, for the different spool configurations are flow forces. Flow forces are proportional to flow and pressure drop. Typically, they resist the opening of a passage. Spool configurations that open passages as they spring center are the most susceptible. If the flow forces due to the flow and pressure conditions exceed the centering spring force the valve may not shift completely. Higher flows may be used at lower pressures.
- Leakage listed in technical data is for each path.
- The pilot ports, 5 and 6, are positively sealed from the work ports.
- Hardened spool and sleeve provide consistent and low spool leakage rates and excellent wear characteristics.
- Incorporates the Sun floating-style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||50 - 200 gpm200 - 760 L/min.|
|Minimum Pilot Pressure Required to Shift Valve||125 psi9 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||2 in³/min.@1000 psi30 cc/min.@70 bar|
|Pilot Volume Displacement||.42 in³6,9 cc|
|Valve Hex Size||1 5/8 in.41,3 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||350 - 375 lbf ft474 - 508 Nm|
|Model Weight||3.90 lb1,75 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990064007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990064002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990064006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Pilot-to-Shift Directional Valves and Proportional Throttles
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves