2-way, 2-stage, solenoid-operated directional poppet valve - flow 2-1 (740 Series)
This solenoid controlled, 2-way, 2-position cartridge is a pilot-operated, poppet style directional valve with reverse free flow check. It is available in either a normally open or normally closed configuration. Due to its poppet style construction, it has extremely low leakage.
This valve is designed to be used with 740 and 747 Series coils.
- The solenoid tube assembly is fatigue rated for 5000 psi (350 bar) service.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- All configurations of this valve include zinc-nickel plating as standard for 1000-hour salt fog protection.
- Coil connector options offer ratings up to IP69K. See individual coil product pages for details.
- This cartridge has an option for manual override. See the CONFIGURATION section.
- Valves exhibit extremely low leakage rates; less than 10 drops/min. @ 5000 psi (0,7 cc/min @ 350 bar).
- On models equipped with the D or L control, the detent mechanism in the manual override is meant for temporary actuation. The D, L and T manual control assemblies have a mechanical life expectancy of approximately 7,000 cycles.
- This valve utilizes a wet armature design. This means that the working fluid surrounds the armature and is exposed to the heat generated by the coil. This can be a factor if the coil is energized for long periods of time. Some fluids, notably water/glycol mixtures, break down at these temperatures over time and form varnishes that will affect the function of the cartridge.
- A wide variety of coil termination and voltage options are available, with and without surge protection. See the CONFIGURATION section.
- The solenoid's unique magnetic design results in a high efficiency solenoid, yielding high spool actuating force per Watt expended, leading to reliable valve shifting.
- Coils can be mounted on the tube in either direction.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||120 gpm480 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||10 drops/min.@5000 psi0,7 cc/min.@350 bar|
|Check Cracking Pressure||50 psi3,5 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||30 ms30 ms|
|Switching Frequency||15,000 max. cycles/hr15,000 max. cycles/hr|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.63 in.16 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||1 5/8 in.41,3 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||350 - 375 lbf ft474 - 508 Nm|
|Model Weight||2.80 lb1,30 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990018007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||EPDM: 990018014|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990018006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Please verify cartridge clearance requirements when choosing a Sun manifold. Different valve controls and coils require different clearances.
- An additional 2.00 inches (50,8 mm) beyond the valve extension is needed for coil installation and removal.
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- High Capacity Solenoid Valves
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Sun’s High Flow 2-Way Solenoid Operated Valves
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
No coil selected.