2-way, solenoid-operated directional spool valve with position switch
This solenoid-operated 2-way, 2-position cartridge is a direct-acting, balanced spool directional valve. The valve is available in either a normally open or normally closed configuration.
The position switch provides confirmation that the valve is in the spring biased position.
- A coil must be ordered with this cartridge. This cartridge is supplied as a sealed, factory set unit and is not field serviceable. If the assembly requires changes or service it needs to be returned to the factory. Any tampering will violate the product warranty.
- Position switch is CE approved.
- When torquing this cartridge into its cavity, a crow's foot wrench or similar will be required since the position switch precludes the use of a deep socket wrench.
- The solenoid tube assembly is fatigue rated for 5000 psi (350 bar) service.
- This valve is direct actuated and requires no minimum hydraulic pressure for operation.
- This valve utilizes a wet armature design. This means that the working fluid surrounds the armature and is exposed to the heat generated by the coil. This can be a factor if the coil is energized for long periods of time. Some fluids, notably water/glycol mixtures, break down at these temperatures over time and form varnishes that will affect the function of the cartridge.
- A wide variety of coil termination and voltage options are available, with and without surge protection. See the CONFIGURATION section.
- The solenoid's unique magnetic design results in a high efficiency solenoid, yielding high spool actuating force per Watt expended, leading to reliable valve shifting.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||12 gpm45 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||5 in³/min.@3000 psi80 cc/min.@210 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||50 ms50 ms|
|Switching Frequency||15,000 max. cycles/hr15,000 max. cycles/hr|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.75 in.19 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Model Weight||.50 lb0,25 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990413007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990413006|
|Supply Voltage||20-30 VDC20-30 VDC|
|Operating Temperature Range||-25 to 80 °C-25 to 80 °C|
|Vibration||≥ 50g, 0-500 impulses/sec≥ 50g, 0-500 impulses/sec|
|Shock||>50 g, 1ms>50 g, 1ms|
|Reverse Polarity Protection||YesYes|
|Maximum Output Load||≤ 400 mA, Duty Ratio 100%≤ 400 mA, Duty Ratio 100%|
|Short Circuit Protection||Yes, Load Short UnlimitedYes, Load Short Unlimited|
|Turn On Time||≤ 25 ms≤ 25 ms|
|Hysteresis||≤ .002 in.≤ .002 in.|
|Thermal Shift - 0 to 80 °C ≤ ±||.004 in.0,1 mm|
|EMC||DIN EN 61000-6-1/2/3/4DIN EN 61000-6-1/2/3/4|
|Connector||M12 X 1 (4) PinM12 X 1 (4) Pin|
|Connector Environment Rating||IP65IP65|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- An additional 2.00 inches (50,8 mm) beyond the valve extension is needed for coil installation and removal.
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- High Capacity Solenoid Valves
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Sun’s High Flow 2-Way Solenoid Operated Valves
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
- Sun Model Code Explanation; 999-901-334 (343.9 KB)
- Fluid Recommendations: Oil Viscosity, Cleanliness & Temperature
- Performance Data
- Cartridges: Materials of Construction
- Units of Measure, Settings, and Conversions
- Cavity Information (S-171) and Tooling
- Sun's Floating Style Screw-In Cartridge (1.06 MB)
- CE Declaration of Conformity - XMD 12-2017 (133.69 KB)
No coil selected.