4-way, direct-acting, balanced piston solenoid-operated directional valve, 3000 psi (210 bar) - common cavity
This solenoid-operated 4-way, 2-position cartridge is a direct-acting, balanced spool directional valve.
This valve is designed to be used with the 780 Series coils.
- The solenoid tube assembly is fatigue rated for 3000 psi (210 bar) service.
- This valve is direct actuated and requires no minimum hydraulic pressure for operation.
- All ports are rated to a maximum operating pressure of 3000 psi (210 bar).
- This valve features zinc plating on exposed surfaces.
- The metal coil nut is a functional feature of the valve and should be correctly installed for proper performance of the valve.
- The cartridge installation torque of 26 lbf ft (35 Nm) should be respected for best performance.
- Coil connector options offer ratings up to IP69K. See individual coil product pages for details.
- This valve utilizes a wet armature design. This means that the working fluid surrounds the armature and is exposed to the heat generated by the coil. This can be a factor if the coil is energized for long periods of time. Some fluids, notably water/glycol mixtures, break down at these temperatures over time and form varnishes that will affect the function of the cartridge.
- Coils can be mounted on the tube in either direction.
|Capacity||8 gpm30 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||3000 psi210 bar|
|Typical Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24cSt)||2 in³/min.@3000 psi30 cc/min.@210 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||50 ms50 ms|
|Switching Frequency||15,000 max. cycles/hr15,000 max. cycles/hr|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.50 in.12,7 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||25 mm25 mm|
|Coil Nut Torque||3.5 - 3.9 lbf ft4,8 - 5,3 Nm|
|Valve Installation Torque||24 - 28 lbf ft32,5 - 37,9 Nm|
|Model Weight||.35 lb0,15 kg|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Pilot-to-Shift Directional Valves and Proportional Throttles
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
No coil selected.