Normally open, balanced poppet, logic element - pilot-to-close
This is a normally open, balanced poppet, switching element. Pilot pressure at port 3 shifts the valve to the closed position.
- Unique balanced construction provides predictable switching with 5000 psi (350 bar) at both ports 1 and 2, with the external drain open and a minimum pilot pressure of 400 psi (30 bar).
- Valve will open when the pilot pressure falls below 145 psi (10 bar).
- These valves are hydraulically balanced between port 1 and port 2.
- Leakage rate between port 1 and port 2 is very low, typically less than 10 drops/min. at 5000 psi (0,7 cc/min at 350 bar).
- These 3-port balanced logic valves use the same cavity as unbalanced logic valves of the same frame size and can be considered functional replacements.
- Available in external atmospheric vent (X control) or static external drain (E control) configurations.
- Three-port vented logic elements with the X control are atmospherically referenced and considered problem solvers for existing circuits using non-vented valves. Over time, these valves will eventually leak externally and/or allow moisture into the spring chamber. Four-port valves are recommended for new applications. Alternately, the external vent port can be connected to drain if the static drain port option (control option E) is selected. Removing the vent plug will convert an X control to an E control.
- Port 1 and port 2 are fully sealed from port 3.
- All ports will accept 5000 psi (350 bar).
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||15 gpm60 L/min.|
|Minimum Pilot Pressure Required to Shift Valve||400 psi28 bar|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||10 drops/min.@5000 psi0,7 cc/min.@350 bar|
|Pilot Volume Displacement||.01 in³0,16 cc|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Model Weight||.35 lb0,15 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990311007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990311006|
Because of the very high ratio, the COFO has limited capacity. The discharge path is across a .050 inch (1,3 mm) diameter orifice. If you have large accumulators combined with low precharge pressures, this may not discharge the energy quickly enough. Using the COFO XDN cartridge in conjunction with an LODA XDN will provide capacity for larger applications.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- More Options for Logic Elements with Position-Indicating Switch
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Take the Guesswork Out of Logic Circuits
- Reduce Cylinder Decompression Shock and Cost of Ownership
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- CavitySaver multi-function valves deliver single-cartridge solutions
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Logic Element Cartridges Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)