Normally open, balanced poppet, logic element - vent-to-close
This is a normally open, balanced poppet, switching element. When the external vent port is blocked, the poppet remains in the open position. Venting the external port shifts it to the closed position, provided there is sufficient pressure at port 3.
- Unique balanced construction provides predictable switching with 5000 psi (350 bar) at both ports 1 and 2, with the external drain open and a minimum pilot pressure of 400 psi (30 bar).
- The external -4 SAE vent port may be directly connected to a pilot switching valve. The pilot valve should have a leakage rate of less than 10 drops/min (0,7 cc/min). and be able to satisfy the pilot flow requirements. Sun model DAA*-*** solenoid pilot valve is ideal for this application.
- These valves are hydraulically balanced between port 1 and port 2.
- Leakage rate between port 1 and port 2 is very low, typically less than 10 drops/min. at 5000 psi (0,7 cc/min at 350 bar).
- Valve will open when the pilot pressure falls below 145 psi (10 bar).
- Port 1 and port 2 are fully sealed from port 3.
- All ports will accept 5000 psi (350 bar).
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||15 gpm60 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Minimum Pilot Pressure Required to Shift Valve||400 psi28 bar|
|Control Pilot Flow||See Performance DataSee Performance Data|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||10 drops/min.@5000 psi0,7 cc/min.@350 bar|
|Pilot Volume Displacement||.01 in³0,16 cc|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990011007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990011002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990011006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
Because of the very high ratio, the COFO has limited capacity. The discharge path is across a .050 inch (1,3 mm) diameter orifice. If you have large accumulators combined with low precharge pressures, this may not discharge the energy quickly enough. Using the COFO XDN cartridge in conjunction with an LODA XDN will provide capacity for larger applications.
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- CavitySaver multi-function valves deliver single-cartridge solutions
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Logic Element Cartridges Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- More Options for Logic Elements with Position-Indicating Switch
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Take the Guesswork Out of Logic Circuits
- Reduce Cylinder Decompression Shock and Cost of Ownership
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)