2-way, direct-acting, fixed setting, directional valve with drain to port 4 - normally open
Normally open, direct-acting, 2-way directional cartridges are switching devices typically used in moderate flow circuits. They can be used by themselves or to actuate larger pilot operated directional cartridges or logic cartridges. The valve shifts when the pressure differential between port 1 and port 4 exceeds the setting.
- Port 3 can be used as a work port.
- The flow path between port 2 and port 3 is bidirectional.
- Because of their direct-acting design, these cartridges feature low internal leakage and low pilot flow consumption.
- Direct-acting and pilot-operated versions of these valves are interchangeable. They fit the same cavities and have the same flow paths.
- Pressure at port 4 is directly additive to the setting of the valve.
- This valve is not bistable; it is capable of modulating between the two positions shown.
- Maximum pressure at port 3 should be limited to 3000 psi (210 bar). This is due to fatigue strength limits not hydraulic operating limits.
- Incorporates the Sun floating-style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||7 gpm28 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Factory Pressure Settings Established at||4 gpm15 L/min.|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||2 in³/min.30 cc/min.|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Model Weight||.55 lb0,25 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990021007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990021002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990021006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance