3-way, direct-acting, directional valve with drain to port 4 (3 to 4 open, port 2 blocked)
Direct-acting, 3-way directional cartridges (3 to 4 open, 2 blocked) are switching devices typically used in moderate flow circuits. They can be used by themselves or to actuate larger pilot operated directional cartridges or logic cartridges. The valve shifts when the pressure differential between port 1 and port 4 exceeds the setting.
- Note: 800 psi (55 bar) is the highest setting possible with this valve.
- Maximum pressure at port 3 should be limited to 3000 psi (210 bar). This is due to fatigue strength limits not hydraulic operating limits.
- The flow path between port 2 and port 3 is bidirectional.
- Because of their direct-acting design, these cartridges feature low internal leakage and low pilot flow consumption.
- This valve is not bistable; it is capable of modulating between the two positions shown.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||7 gpm28 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||2 in³/min.30 cc/min.|
|Adjustment - No. of CW Turns from Min. to Max. setting||55|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Locknut Hex Size||9/16 in.15 mm|
|Locknut Torque||80 - 90 lbf in.9 - 10 Nm|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990021007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990021002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990021006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
In many circuits the directional cartridge is set to shift at a low pressure no matter how high the pilot pressure goes. If you use a DP__ , the pilot flow increases to significant amounts. A DR__ however will only consume a small amount of flow. A DP__ is useful when you want to block or open the pilot flow to shift the valve.
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Pilot-to-Shift Directional Valves and Proportional Throttles
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Sun Introduces Additional Solenoid-Operated Pilot Valves
- New Solenoid Valve Delivers Cost-Effective Load-Holding Solution
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips