FLeX Series 3-way, direct-acting, solenoid-operated directional blocking poppet valve
This FLeX Series solenoid-operated 3-way, 2-position cartridge is a direct-acting, poppet-style directional valve.
Due to the poppet style construction, this valve has extremely low leakage.
- This valve is direct actuated and requires no minimum hydraulic pressure for operation.
- Suitable for load-holding applications when configured as Normally Closed. In the event of power failure, the valve will close.
- Port 3 is the preferred inlet for this valve. Port 1 is limited to half capacity.
- Designed and tested to 10-million operational cycles at full-rated pressure.
- Exceeds new NFPA test standard T2.6.1 R2014 for fatigue and burst pressure ratings.
- Designed using CFD simulation for optimized geometries.
- All configurations of this valve include zinc-nickel plating as standard for 1000-hour salt fog protection.
- Coil connector options offer ratings up to IP69K. See individual coil product pages for details.
- This valve exhibits extremely low leakage - 0.004 in3 (0,07 cc)/min (1 drop/min).
- Manual push-version override options are available in the "A" poppet configurations (DWBF-*A*). The force on the "M" manual override must not exceed 25 lbf (110 N).
- On models equipped with the D or L control, the detent mechanism in the manual override is meant for temporary actuation. The D, L and T manual control assemblies have a mechanical life expectancy of approximately 7,000 cycles.
- A FULL DATA SHEET is available for this model using the link at the top of the page.
- This valve utilizes a wet armature design. This means that the working fluid surrounds the armature and is exposed to the heat generated by the coil. This can be a factor if the coil is energized for long periods of time. Some fluids, notably water/glycol mixtures, break down at these temperatures over time and form varnishes that will affect the function of the cartridge.
- A wide variety of coil termination and voltage options are available, with and without surge protection. See the CONFIGURATION section.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||6 gpm23 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||0.004 in³/min.@5000 psi0,07 cc/min.@350 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||50 ms50 ms|
|Switching Frequency||10,000 max. cycles/hr10,000 max. cycles/hr|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.63 in.16 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||3/4 in.19,1 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||25 - 30 lbf ft35 - 40 Nm|
|Model Weight||1.25 lb0,60 kg|
|U.S. Patent #||10,302,20110,302,201|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990150007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990150006|
|Seal and nut kit - Coil||Viton: 990740006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
Yes. All FLeX phase 1 valves are available in the SmartConnect schematic tool, and are also available for submittal to QuickDesign.
- Please verify cartridge clearance requirements when choosing a Sun manifold. Different valve controls and coils require different clearances.
- An additional 2.00 inches (50,8 mm) beyond the valve extension is needed for coil installation and removal.
- These typical performance curves show the preferred flow path for the valve. If you would like to use this valve in any way other than the preferred flow path, please contact the Sun Hydraulics Systems Group to discuss your application.
- Sun Hydraulics bases solenoid valve performance data on testing at maximum ambient temperature (50° C) and 15% undervoltage at stabilized current (580 mA). This ensures that our data represents valve performance under worst-case conditions.
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Our FLeX family of solenoid-operated valves is expanding
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Pilot-to-Shift Directional Valves and Proportional Throttles
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- FLeX Series 3-way directional blocking poppet valves
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
- Sun Model Code Explanation; 999-901-334 (343.9 KB)
- Fluid Recommendations: Oil Viscosity, Cleanliness & Temperature
- Cartridges: Materials of Construction
- Performance Data
- Units of Measure, Settings, and Conversions
- Cavity Information (S-171) and Tooling
- Sun's Floating Style Screw-In Cartridge (1.06 MB)
- 747 Series Hazardous Location Coils - ATEX Certificate (976.94 KB)
- 747 Series Hazardous Location Coils - CSA Certificate of Complian (106.22 KB)
- 747 Series Hazardous Location Coils - IECEx Certificate of Confor (285.26 KB)
No coil selected.