FLeX Series 3-way, direct-acting, solenoid-operated directional blocking poppet valve
This FLeX Series solenoid-operated 3-way, 2-position cartridge is a direct-acting, poppet-style directional valve.
Due to the poppet style construction, this valve has extremely low leakage.
- This valve is direct actuated and requires no minimum hydraulic pressure for operation.
- Suitable for load-holding applications when configured as Normally Closed. In the event of power failure, the valve will close.
- Designed and tested to 10-million operational cycles at full-rated pressure.
- Exceeds new NFPA test standard T2.6.1 R2014 for fatigue and burst pressure ratings.
- Designed using CFD simulation for optimized geometries.
- All configurations of this valve include zinc-nickel plating as standard for 1000-hour salt fog protection.
- Coil connector options offer ratings up to IP69K. See individual coil product pages for details.
- This valve exhibits extremely low leakage - 0.004 in3 (0,07 cc)/min (1 drop/min).
- Port 3 is the preferred inlet for this valve. Port 1 is limited to half capacity.
- Manual push-version override options are available in the "A" poppet configurations (DWBF-*A*). The force on the "M" manual override must not exceed 25 lbf (110 N).
- On models equipped with the D or L control, the detent mechanism in the manual override is meant for temporary actuation. The D, L and T manual control assemblies have a mechanical life expectancy of approximately 7,000 cycles.
- A FULL DATA SHEET is available for this model using the link at the top of the page.
- This valve utilizes a wet armature design. This means that the working fluid surrounds the armature and is exposed to the heat generated by the coil. This can be a factor if the coil is energized for long periods of time. Some fluids, notably water/glycol mixtures, break down at these temperatures over time and form varnishes that will affect the function of the cartridge.
- A wide variety of coil termination and voltage options are available, with and without surge protection. See the CONFIGURATION section.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||6 gpm23 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||0.004 in³/min.@5000 psi0,07 cc/min.@350 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||50 ms50 ms|
|Switching Frequency||10,000 max. cycles/hr10,000 max. cycles/hr|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.63 in.16 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||3/4 in.19,1 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||25 - 30 lbf ft35 - 40 Nm|
|Model Weight||1.25 lb0,60 kg|
|U.S. Patent #||10,302,20110,302,201|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990150007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990150006|
|Seal and nut kit - Coil||Viton: 990740006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
Yes. All FLeX phase 1 valves are available in the SmartConnect schematic tool, and are also available for submittal to QuickDesign.
- Please verify cartridge clearance requirements when choosing a Sun manifold. Different valve controls and coils require different clearances.
- An additional 2.00 inches (50,8 mm) beyond the valve extension is needed for coil installation and removal.
- Sun Hydraulics bases solenoid valve performance data on testing at maximum ambient temperature (50° C) and 15% undervoltage at stabilized current (580 mA). This ensures that our data represents valve performance under worst-case conditions.
- Our FLeX family of solenoid-operated valves is expanding
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Pilot-to-Shift Directional Valves and Proportional Throttles
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- FLeX Series 3-way directional blocking poppet valves
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Sun Model Code Explanation; 999-901-334 (343.9 KB)
- Fluid Recommendations: Oil Viscosity, Cleanliness & Temperature
- Cartridges: Materials of Construction
- Performance Data
- Units of Measure, Settings, and Conversions
- Cavity Information (S-171) and Tooling
- Sun's Floating Style Screw-In Cartridge (1.06 MB)
- 747 Series Hazardous Location Coils - CSA Certificate of Complian (106.22 KB)
- 747 Series Hazardous Location Coils - IECEx Certificate of Confor (285.26 KB)
- 747 Series Hazardous Location Coils - ATEX Certificate (976.94 KB)
No coil selected.