2-way, pilot shifted, proportional throttle with bleed down
This valve is a 2-way, 2-position proportional throttle. Ports 2 and 3 are normally closed. Pilot pressure at port 1 creates a metering orifice between port 2 and 3 that is proportional to the pressure at 1. The force balance of the flow forces, spring and pilot pressure results in a degree of partial self-compensation as the load pressure changes.
This valve includes a bleed-down feature which connects ports 3 to 4 in the spring-biased position. The bleed-down feature is useful when the valve is used as a meter-in flow control in circuits which include counterbalance valves downstream of port 3. The bleed-down connection is closed as the valve is piloted with increasing pressure at port 1.
Pressure at port 4 directly opposes pressure at port 1.
- These valves may be pressure compensated by an external, modulating, logic element. Use LR_C-XHN for a bypass circuit or LP_C-XHN for a restrictive circuit.
- The valve provides a degree of self-compensation and may be used as a flow control. To increase the accuracy of flow control, an external, modulating, logic element can be used to maintain a constant flow over a wider range of flows and pressures. See performance curves for additional information.
- Ports 1 and 4 should be limited to 500 psi (35 bar).
- Pressure at port 4 directly opposes pressure at port 1.
- An optional tuning adjustment (L control) is offered to vary the pilot pressure required to control flow. The tuning adjustment provides a means to manually increase or decrease flow at a given pilot pressure. The adjustment range is 50 - 300 psi (3,5 - 20 bar), 100 psi (7 bar) Standard Setting.
- Accurate pressure compensated control requires that a constant pressure differential be maintained across the valve.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||10 gpm40 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||2 in³/min.@1000 psi30 cc/min.@70 bar|
|Pilot Volume Displacement||.30 in³4,9 cc|
|Minimum Pilot Pressure to Operate||100 psi7 bar|
|Bypass orifice||.03 in.0,8 mm|
|Hysteresis||± 2 %± 2 %|
|Adjustment - No. of CW Turns from Min. to Max. setting||55|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/8 in.28,6 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||45 - 50 lbf ft61 - 68 Nm|
|Adjustment Screw Internal Hex Size||5/32 in.4 mm|
|Locknut Hex Size||9/16 in.15 mm|
|Locknut Torque||80 - 90 lbf in.9 - 10 Nm|
|Model Weight||.30 lb0,15 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990022002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990022002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990022006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- High Capacity Electro-Proportional Throttle Valve
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)