2-way, pilot-shifted, dual path, proportional throttle
This valve is a 2-way, 2-position proportional throttle. Ports 2 and 3 are normally closed. Pilot pressure at port 1 opposes the spring and creates a variable metering orifice between port 2 and 3 that is proportional to the pressure at 1. The force balance of the flow forces, spring and pilot pressure results in a degree of partial self-compensation as the load pressure changes.
Pressure at port 4 directly opposes pressure at port 1.
The valve uses a dual-path design. Ports 2 and 3 incorporate a double-port area.
- These valves may be pressure compensated by an external, modulating, logic element. Use LR_C-XHN for a bypass circuit or LP_C-XHN for a restrictive circuit.
- The valve provides a degree of self-compensation and may be used as a flow control. To increase the accuracy of flow control, an external, modulating, logic element can be used to maintain a constant flow over a wider range of flows and pressures. See performance curves for additional information.
- The optional L control is a stroke adjustment that limits maximum flow.
- Ports 1 and 4 should be limited to 500 psi (35 bar).
- Pressure at port 4 directly opposes pressure at port 1.
- Accurate pressure compensated control requires that a constant pressure differential be maintained across the valve.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||15 gpm60 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Pilot Pressure Required to Shift Valve||60 - 130 psi4 - 9 bar|
|Pilot Pressure Required for Full Shift at Rated Flow||290 - 340 psi20 - 23 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||5 in³/min.@1000 psi80 cc/min.@70 bar|
|Pilot Volume Displacement||.05 in³0,82 cc|
|Adjustment - No. of CCW Turns from Fully Closed to Fully Open||55|
|Hysteresis||35 %35 %|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/8 in.28,6 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||45 - 50 lbf ft61 - 68 Nm|
|Adjustment Screw Internal Hex Size||5/32 in.4 mm|
|Locknut Hex Size||9/16 in.15 mm|
|Locknut Torque||80 - 90 lbf in.9 - 10 Nm|
|Model Weight||1.00 lb0,45 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990152007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990152006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
- When installed in Sun's standard T-52A line mount manifold, plug unused ports and expect higher pressure drops.
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- High Capacity Electro-Proportional Throttle Valve
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)