3-way, 3-position, proportional directional valve with center bleed down and load sense
This valve is a 3-way, 3-position proportional directional valve. Port 3 is closed in the center position and port 2 and port 4 are drained to port 1. Pilot pressure at port 1 creates a metering orifice between ports 3 and 4 that is proportional to the pressure at 1. Piloting 6 opens 3 to 2. The force balance of the flow forces, spring and pilot pressure results in a degree of partial self-compensation as the load pressure changes.
Load sense is available at port 5 when the spool is shifted to either port 2 or 4.
- Pilot ports 1 and 6 will accept 5000 psi (350 bar), however, pressures over 500 psi (35 bar) do not increase flow since at this point the spool will be fully shifted.
- These valves may be pressure compensated by an external, modulating, logic element. Use LR_C-XHN for a bypass circuit or LP_C-XHN for a restrictive circuit.
- The valve provides a degree of self-compensation and may be used as a flow control. To increase the accuracy of flow control, an external, modulating, logic element can be used to maintain a constant flow over a wider range of flows and pressures. See performance curves for additional information.
- Pressure at ports 1 and 6 directly oppose each other.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||18 gpm70 L/min.|
|Minimum Pilot Pressure Required to Shift Valve||80 psi5,5 bar|
|Pilot Pressure Required for Full Shift at Rated Flow||300 psi20 bar|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||2 in³/min.30 cc/min.|
|Pilot Volume Displacement||.04 in³0,66 cc|
|Hysteresis||± 2 %± 2 %|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/8 in.28,6 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||45 - 50 lbf ft61 - 68 Nm|
|Model Weight||1.00 lb0,45 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990052007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990052006|
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
- Pilot-to-Shift Directional Valves and Proportional Throttles
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Sun Introduces Additional Solenoid-Operated Pilot Valves
- New Solenoid Valve Delivers Cost-Effective Load-Holding Solution
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)