4-way, 3-position, meter in proportional directional valve
This valve is a 4-way, 3-position proportional directional valve. Work ports 2 and 4 are drained to 5 in the center position and port 3 is closed. Pilot pressure at port 1 opposes the spring and creates a variable metering orifice between ports 3 and 4 that is proportional to the pressure at 1. Piloting 6 opens 3 to 2. The force balance of the flow forces, spring and pilot pressure results in a degree of partial self-compensation as the load pressure changes.
Pressure at ports 1 and 6 directly oppose each other.
- Pilot ports 1 and 6 will accept 5000 psi (350 bar), however, pressures over 500 psi (35 bar) do not increase flow since at this point the spool will be fully shifted.
- These valves may be pressure compensated by an external, modulating, logic element. Use LR_C-XHN for a bypass circuit or LP_C-XHN for a restrictive circuit.
- The valve provides a degree of self-compensation and may be used as a flow control. To increase the accuracy of flow control, an external, modulating, logic element can be used to maintain a constant flow over a wider range of flows and pressures. See performance curves for additional information.
- Pressure at ports 1 and 6 directly oppose each other.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||35 gpm140 L/min.|
|Pilot Pressure Required to Shift Valve||50 - 120 psi3,5 - 8 bar|
|Pilot Pressure Required for Full Shift at Rated Flow||290 - 340 psi20 - 23 bar|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||8 in³/min.@1000 psi131 cc/min.@70 bar|
|Pilot Volume Displacement||.11 in³1,8 cc|
|Hysteresis at 50% command||±35%±35%|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/4 in.31,8 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||150 - 160 lbf ft203 - 217 Nm|
|Model Weight||3.10 lb1,40 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990053007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990053006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Sun Introduces Additional Solenoid-Operated Pilot Valves
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- New Solenoid Valve Delivers Cost-Effective Load-Holding Solution
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Pilot-to-Shift Directional Valves and Proportional Throttles
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)