Normally closed, modulating element with pilot source from port 1
Normally closed modulating elements with an internal orifice between port 1 and port 3 can be used as a main-stage relief valve. The valve can be controlled remotely using a pilot relief or pilot solenoid valve.
- A tuning adjustment (models configured with an L control) is available to vary the pressure drop across the compensator to increase/decrease flow within +/-25% of setting.
- All ports will accept 5000 psi (350 bar).
- Corrosion resistant cartridge valves are intended for use in corrosive environments and are identified by the model code suffix /AP for external stainless steel components, or /LH for external zinc-nickel plated components. See the CONFIGURATION section for all options. For further details, please see the Materials of Construction page located under TECH RESOURCES.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||15 gpm60 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Control Pilot Flow||10 - 15 in³/min.0,16 - 0,25 L/min.|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||1 in³/min.@1000 psi15 cc/min.@70 bar|
|Control Orifice Diameter||.016 in.0,4 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990011007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990011002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990011006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)