Normally closed modulating element with shuttle
A normally closed modulating element, used as a bypass compensator, ensures a constant pressure drop across an external orifice to create a pressure compensated flow control. The resulting flow remains constant regardless of variations in upstream or downstream pressure.
A ball shuttle connects the after orifice signal from the higher of port 3 or 4 to the pilot area.
- The shuttle features hardened steel balls and seats for excellent wear characteristics and contamination tolerance.
- The single ball shuttle allows for the decay of the pressure signal when both load ports drop to a lower pressure.
- All ports will accept 5000 psi (350 bar).
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||15 gpm60 L/min.|
|Nominal Compensating Pressure||200 psi14 bar|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990021007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990021002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990021006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)