Air-controlled, pilot-operated, balanced piston sequence valve
Air-controlled, pilot-operated, balanced piston sequence valves use compressed air over a diaphragm instead of an adjustable spring to control the pressure setting of the valve. The air signal is supplied through a port in the hex-end of the cartridge. They will supply a secondary circuit with flow once the pressure at the inlet (port 1) has exceeded the valve setting. The pressure setting of a sequence valve controls the pressure at port 1 relative to the pressure at the drain (port 3). These valves are insensitive to back pressure at port 2 (sequence), up to the valve setting. They may be used to regulate pressure in place of 2-port relief valves if there is pressure in the return line.
- All 3 port sequence cartridges are physically and functionally interchangeable (i.e. same flow path, same cavity for a given frame size).
- Pilot flow continues to increase as the pressure at port 1 (inlet), relative to the pressure at port 3 (drain), rises above the valve setting.
- Maximum air pilot pressure should not exceed 150 psi (10,5 bar).
- Pressure at port 3 (drain) determines the minimum valve setting and should not exceed 1000 psi (70 bar).
- Capable of providing explosion proof remote control of the pressure setting, the hydraulic setting is directly porportional to the air setting at a ratio of 20:1 (hydraulic:air).
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||60 gpm240 L/min.|
|Factory Pressure Settings Established at||4 gpm15 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||2000 psi140 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||4 in³/min.65 cc/min.|
|Maximum Air Pressure||150 psi10,5 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||10 ms10 ms|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/4 in.31,8 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||150 - 160 lbf ft203 - 217 Nm|
|Model Weight||1.50 lb0,70 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990017007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990017002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990017006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
A sequence valve opens when the pressure at port 1 exceeds the setting of the valve. When pressures at port 1 and port 2 both exceed the setting of the valve the valve goes full open, or sequences. When this happens flow can go in either direction, just so long as port 1 stays above the setting.
Pressure setting tolerances are listed in our Performance Data page. A link to this page can also be found in the Additional Resources tab of the applicable product page.
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sequence Valves Technical Tips
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool