Normally closed modulating element valve with relief function
Three-port normally closed modulating elements with relief provide two functions when combined with an external orifice. The mainstage is a bypass compensator that controls a priority flow into the circuit, determined by the external orifice. Input flow in excess of the priority flow is bypassed to tank (port 2). If the inlet (port 1) pressure rises to the valve setting, the valve operates as a normal relief valve.
- Compensating pressure for all ranges is 120 psi (8 bar).
- Explanation of the performance curve: The X axis is system pressure. The Y axis shows the pressure differential that the valve creates across the control orifice. The curves represent various bypass flows (pump flow minus control flow). The capacity and performance of this valve is determined by the bypass flow, control flow is not a factor.
- W and Y controls (where applicable) can be specified with or without a special setting. When no special setting is specified, the valve is adjustable throughout its full range using the W or Y control. When a special setting is specified, this setting represents the maximum setting of the valve.
|Capacity||20 gpm80 L/min.|
|Factory Pressure Settings Established at||4 gpm15 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||3 in³/min.@1000 psi50 cc/min.@70 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||10 ms10 ms|
|Adjustment - No. of CW Turns from Min. to Max. setting||55|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/8 in.28,6 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||45 - 50 lbf ft61 - 68 Nm|
|Adjustment Screw Internal Hex Size||5/32 in.4 mm|
|Locknut Hex Size||9/16 in.15 mm|
|Locknut Torque||80 - 90 lbf in.9 - 10 Nm|
|Model Weight||.70 lb0,30 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990202007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990002002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990202006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)