Anti-Shock, ventable, pilot-operated, balanced poppet relief valve
Ventable, pilot-operated, anti shock relief cartridges limit maximum system pressure and also limit the rate of pressure rise. The valve opens and then ramps closed at a constant speed, independent of settings and flows. These 3 port valves include a vent port (port 3) that connects between the main piston and the pilot stage to provide for remote control by other pilot or 2-way valves. The adjust screw determines the maximum (relief) setting and the minimum (threshold) setting.
- Because the modulating occurs inside the cartridge, these valves are immune to most of the problems associated with cavitation, namely noise and manifold erosion.
- Will accept maximum pressure at port 2; suitable for use in cross port relief circuits.
- A remote pilot relief on port 3 (vent) will control the valve below its own setting.
- Not suitable for use in load holding applications.
- When pressure at the inlet (port 1) exceeds the threshold setting, the valve opens to tank (port 2). The pilot section moves forward at a steady rate, increasing the setting by compressing the pilot spring. Maximum setting is achieved when the pilot section reaches a mechanical stop.
- Valve provides protection for hydrostatic drives by reducing the jerk caused by sudden reversals. The valve is suitable for cross-port applications.
- When used with a switching device, the valve can provide the ramp characteristic typically provided by proportional valves.
- Small power units can be started against an anti shock relief to provide longer pump life.
- Back pressure on the tank port (port 2) is directly additive to the valve setting at a 1:1 ratio.
- The main stage orifice is protected against contamination.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||60 gpm240 L/min.|
|Factory Pressure Settings Established at||4 gpm15 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Control Pilot Flow||15 - 20 in³/min.0,25 - 0,33 L/min.|
|Pressure Ramp Up Time||300 - 500 ms300 - 500 ms|
|Response Time - Typical||2 ms2 ms|
|Adjustment - No. of CW Turns from Min. to Max. setting||4.54.5|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/4 in.31,8 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||150 - 160 lbf ft203 - 217 Nm|
|Adjustment Screw Internal Hex Size||5/32 in.4 mm|
|Locknut Hex Size||9/16 in.15 mm|
|Locknut Torque||80 - 90 lbf in.9 - 10 Nm|
|Model Weight||1.60 lb0,70 kg|
|U.S. Patent #||6,039,0706,039,070|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990217007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990217002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990217006|
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
One graphic example is on a portable grain auger for silos. When the farmer gets caught in the auger the kick-down relief trips and allows him to escape.
Pressure setting tolerances are listed in our Performance Data page. A link to this page can also be found in the Additional Resources tab of the applicable product page.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Maybe not. We build in a good amount of overlap in the kick-down reliefs to prevent false tripping. This means they are not as fast as our standard pilot-operated reliefs. A direct-acting relief valve set just above the kick-down relief valve would be good insurance.
- Patents are pending for this product.
- Tri-Grip Handknob Now Offered From Sun as a Standard Control Option
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Introduces 'Hybrid' Valves
- CE/TÜV Certified Pressure Relief Valves
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Pressure Relief and Regulating Cartridge Valve Technical Tips
- Pilot-Operated, Balanced Poppet Relief Valves
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Precise electro-proportional inverse relief valve
- Pilot-Operated, Balanced Poppet, Anti Shock Reliefs
- CavitySaver multi-function valves deliver single-cartridge solutions
- 'Soft' Relief Eliminates Pressure Spikes
- Sun's Floating Style Screw-In Cartridge (1.06 MB)
- Units of Measure, Settings, and Conversions
- Cavity Information (S-171) and Tooling
- Sun Model Code Explanation; 999-901-334 (343.9 KB)
- Cartridges: Materials of Construction
- Fluid Recommendations: Oil Viscosity, Cleanliness & Temperature
- Performance Data
- Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU