Configurable single-output driver used with proportional and solenoid-operated switching valves
The XMD module is an electro-hydraulic driver for use with mobile and industrial hydraulic equipment. It is configurable using Sun's FREE XMD Mobile app readily available worldwide for control of electrically operated hydraulic actuators used in many applications for on- and off-highway equipment including but not limited to agriculture, forestry, construction, marine, earth moving, and material handling. Tuned for optimal flow and pressure control using Sun valves, the XMD driver delivers repeatable and reliable solutions for your demanding applications.
- For full product details, including installation and operating instructions, refer to the Full Data Sheet link at the top of this page.
- Single-coil driver
- CAN bus communication (SAE J1939)
- One configurable 0-5 V, 0-10 V, 4-20 mA, pulse, frequency, PWM and digital input
- Adjustable current limited output with short circuit protection
- 5 V reference for potentiometer/joystick controls
- Configurable enable input
- All input and output limits are independently adjustable
- Adjustable ramp up and ramp down times, independently set
- Microprocessor controlled for consistent, reliable performance
- Separate supply and command common
- High-frequency PWM with superimposed dither
- Glass-filled nylon enclosure with flexible potting compound
- Setup is accomplished through Sun's XMD Mobile™ app with a wireless Bluetooth low-energy connection.
- Rated at IP69k
- CE and E-Mark approved
- Power cable with mating connector is required and is not included with product. Refer to the "Used With" tab.
|Supply Voltage||9-32 VDC9-32 VDC|
|Supply Current||3 Amps max3 Amps max|
|Number of Outputs||11|
|Output Types||PWM and Duty Cycle (0-100%)PWM and Duty Cycle (0-100%)|
|Output Current||0 to 3000 mA0 to 3000 mA|
|Current Regulation||± 1 mA above 35 mA± 1 mA above 35 mA|
|PWM Frequency||33-5,000 Hz33-5,000 Hz|
|Dither Frequency||33-500 Hz33-500 Hz|
|Dither Amplitude||0-25% of Imax0-25% of Imax|
|Ramp Time||0-65.0 s, 1 ms increments0-65.0 s, 1 ms increments|
|Number of Universal Inputs||11|
|Input Range||0-5V, 0-10V, 4-20 mA, digital, pulse (60 Hz-10 kHz), PWM (60 Hz-10 kHz), resistive (0-100 kΩ)0-5V, 0-10V, 4-20 mA, digital, pulse (60 Hz-10 kHz), PWM (60 Hz-10 kHz), resistive (0-100 kΩ)|
|Reference Voltage||5 Vdc, ±0.1 Vdc (250 mA max)5 Vdc, ±0.1 Vdc (250 mA max)|
|CAN Communication||CAN 2.0B (Maximum voltage + 32 Vdc)CAN 2.0B (Maximum voltage + 32 Vdc)|
|CAN Protocols||SAE J1939SAE J1939|
|Baud Rates||125 kbit/s, 250 kbit/s, 500 kbit/s, 1 Mbit/s125 kbit/s, 250 kbit/s, 500 kbit/s, 1 Mbit/s|
|Mating Connector||Deutsch DT06-12SA-XXXDeutsch DT06-12SA-XXX|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40 - 85 °C-40 - 85 °C|
|Storage Temperature Range||-60 - 120 °C-60 - 120 °C|
|Vibration||33.3 Hz 6.8g Peak (Spec: S-367 Section 11.0)33.3 Hz 6.8g Peak (Spec: S-367 Section 11.0)|
|Shock||49g Peak (Spec: S-367 Section 12.0)49g Peak (Spec: S-367 Section 12.0)|
|Enclosure||Enclosure PBT, 30 % glass-filledEnclosure PBT, 30 % glass-filled|
|Product Dimensions (L x W x H)||3.38 x 2.30 x 1.40 in.85,9 x 58,5 x 35,6 mm|
|Model Weight||.30 lb0,15 kg|
|Certification||CE, E-Mark, E11 10R-05100024 2014/53/EU (Radio Equipment Directive), 2014/35/EU (Low Voltage Directive)CE, E-Mark, E11 10R-05100024 2014/53/EU (Radio Equipment Directive), 2014/35/EU (Low Voltage Directive)|
|EMC/EMI||EN 55024, EN 55032, EN 13309, EN/ISO 14982, ISO 13766, ISO 16750-2, J1113-4/11/12/13/26,ISO 1142-2/10, CISPR 25, FCC 15B, ICES-003, UNECE Reg 10.5, EN 61326-1:2013, EN 301 489-1, V2.2.0, EN 301 489-17, EN 12895EN 55024, EN 55032, EN 13309, EN/ISO 14982, ISO 13766, ISO 16750-2, J1113-4/11/12/13/26,ISO 1142-2/10, CISPR 25, FCC 15B, ICES-003, UNECE Reg 10.5, EN 61326-1:2013, EN 301 489-1, V2.2.0, EN 301 489-17, EN 12895|
|U.S. Patent #||PendingPending|
Yes, up to 3 amps per PWM output. This includes pumps, CETOP valves, directional valves, proportional valves, and more. Duty-cycle mode can also control solenoid switching valves, PWM variable speed e-Fans and LEDs.
See page 4 of the XMD Mobile App User Guide for compatible devices. This Guide can be found in "Additional Resources" section of the XMD webpage.
Two-wire resistive input devices will pull excitation voltage from the input pin. Only two wires are needed for this input type — one connected to the XMD input pin and one connected to an external ground.
Call Sun at +1 941-362-1200.
No! The maximum force of the coil will not be reached. A coil should be selected based on the supply voltage.
XMD Series Drivers include a TVS Diode. Coils do not need a diode when being controlled by an XMD driver.
The XMD default settings have the enable function turned on. In order to see any output, at least 3VDC must be sent to pin 9, the enable pin. Alternatively, the enable function can be disabled on the config screen of the XMD app.
What models can this kit be used with?
- 991711300 XMD Series, 12-pin Deutsch prototype cable, single-output - 3M
- 991711600 XMD Series, 12-pin Deutsch prototype cable, single-output - 6M
- 991712300 XMD Series, 12-pin Deutsch prototype cable, double-output - 3M
- 991712600 XMD Series, 12-pin Deutsch prototype cable, double-output - 6M
- 991713030 XMD Series, 2-pin Deutsch prototype cable - 30CM
- 991713060 XMD Series, 2-pin Deutsch prototype cable - 60CM
- 991720300 XMD Series, 3M, 12-pin Deutsch prototype cable, single-output with 2-pin Deutsch lead
- 991720600 XMD Series, 6M, 12-pin Deutsch prototype cable, single-output with 2-pin Deutsch lead
- 991721300 XMD Series, 3M, 12-pin Deutsch prototype cable, single-output with ISO/DIN 43650, Form A lead
- 991721600 XMD Series, 6M, 12-pin Deutsch prototype cable single-output with ISO/DIN 43650, Form A lead
- 991722 12-pin Deutsch connector kit
- 991723001 2-pin Deutsch connector kit (gray)
- 991723002 2-pin Deutsch connector kit (black)
- 991740001 XMD Series, high-power coil clip kit
- 991740002 XMD Series, low-power coil clip kit
- 991770001 XMD Series, 770 Series coil clip
- Installation bracket and mounting hardware are included. Coil clips for high and low-power FLeX Series coils are sold separately.
- CE Declaration of Conformity - XMD 12-2017 (133.69 KB)
- XMD Installation Guide - 01/02 (892.83 KB)
- XMD Mobile App User Guide (10.31 MB)
- XMD Coil Clip Installation Guide (749.23 KB)