Hot oil shuttle and relief assembly
|P, P/S||Ports 1 & 2: 1" Code 61; Port T: SAE 12; Mounting Holes: .375 - 16UNC x .62 DP;|
|P/M, P/T||Ports 1 & 2: 1" Code 61; Port T: 3/4" BSPP; Mounting Holes: M10 x 1.5-6H x .62 DP;|
This valve assembly provides a flushing circuit for hydrostatic transmissions. The hot oil flushing circuit allows a discharge of oil from the low pressure side of the loop. The charge pump replaces the hot, dirty oil with cool, filtered oil. The hot oil discharge is often passed through the cases of the pump and the motor, flushing hot, dirty oil from them as well.
- A unique feature of the hot oil shuttle is that the setting of the hot oil relief can be confirmed or adjusted when the transmission is in neutral.
- When the transmission is in neutral the charge pressure is controlled by the charge pump relief. When the hot oil shuttle opens, some or all of the charge pump flow is redirected to the hot oil relief. The charge pump relief must be set higher than the hot oil relief to produce hot oil flow. The higher the differential pressure between the 2 reliefs, the higher the hot oil flow. The amount of hot oil flow is determined by the pressure vrs flow curves of the 2 reliefs and is difficult to quantify.
- The standard setting of the hot oil relief is 200 psi (14 bar) at a flow of 4 gpm (16 L/min).
- Hydraulic motors leak. Therefore a mechanical brake is recommended to positively lock any stopped live load.
|Body Type||Line mountLine mount|
|Interface||1.00 SAE C611.00 SAE C61|
|Capacity||40 gpm160 L/min.|
|Mounting Hole Thread||.375-16 UNC - 2B in..375-16 UNC - 2B in.|
|Mounting Hole Depth||.62 in.15,7 mm|
|Mounting Hole Quantity||22|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Important: Carefully consider the maximum system pressure. The pressure rating of the manifold is dependent on the manifold material, with the port type/size a secondary consideration. Manifolds constructed of aluminum are not rated for pressures higher than 3000 psi (210 bar), regardless of the port type/size specified.
- For detailed information regarding the cartridges contained in this assembly, click on the models codes shown in the Included Components tab.
- Protect Hydrostatic Transmission Circuits with Sun’s Delayed Shift Hot Oil Shuttle.
- Integrated Packages: Solutions That Grow Your Reputation
- Putting Sun at the heart of hydraulic regenerative braking systems
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)