Bypass pressure compensator assembly
This valve assembly consists of a normally-closed bypass style compensator on the P port and a shuttle that senses pressure from the higher of the 2 work ports. Its purpose is to provide a relatively constant pressure drop across the directional valve thus isolating the directional valve spool from high flow forces. This is accomplished by bypassing the excess oil to the T port. The constant drop creates a pressure compensated flow control out of the directional valve.
- This assembly is meant to be used in a single station circuit with a fixed displacement pump.
- The pressure differential across the orifice (directional valve) varies with bypass flow and system pressure. It is at its lowest at zero bypass flow and increases with increasing bypass flow and system pressure.
- Another term for this assembly is a hydrostat.
|Interface||ISO 03ISO 03|
|Capacity||15 gpm60 L/min.|
|Body Features||Meter in PMeter in P|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Important: Carefully consider the maximum system pressure. The pressure rating of the manifold is dependent on the manifold material, with the port type/size a secondary consideration. Manifolds constructed of aluminum are not rated for pressures higher than 3000 psi (210 bar), regardless of the port type/size specified.
- For detailed information regarding the cartridges contained in this assembly, click on the models codes shown in the Included Components tab.
- NEW: Adjustable Priority Flow Control Solutions
- Integrated Packages: Solutions That Grow Your Reputation
- Putting Sun at the heart of hydraulic regenerative braking systems
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)