Relief valve assembly with reverse flow check and start-up valve
|D, D/S||Ports P, S, T2: 3/4" NPTF; Port T1: 1/2" NPTF; Gage Port: 1/4" NPTF; Tank Port: 3/4" NPTF;|
|L, L/S||Ports P, S, T2: SAE 12; Port T1: SAE 8; Gage Port: 1/4" NPTF; Tank Port: 3/4" NPTF;|
|W, W/S||Ports P, S, T2: 3/4" BSPP; Port T1: 1/2" BSPP; Gage Port: 1/4" BSPP; Tank Port: 3/4" NPTF;|
This assembly consists of a 30 PSI check and a pilot-operated, balanced-piston relief cartridge which is a normally closed pressure regulating valve. When the pressure at the inlet (P port) reaches the valve setting, the valve starts to open to tank (T port), throttling flow to regulate the pressure. These valves are accurate, have low pressure rise vs. flow, they are smooth and quiet, and are moderately fast.
This assembly also incorporates an air-bleed and start-up cartridge which is used to purge air trapped in the system to help reduce power requirements and facilitate pump priming during the start-up of blocked center circuits.
- Back pressure on the tank port (port 2) is directly additive to the valve setting at a 1:1 ratio.
- Air-bleed and start-up valves require a minimum of 4 gpm (15 L/min.) flow rate and 80 psi (5,5 bar) system pressure.
- The air-bleed and start-up valve will re-open when system pressure falls below 25 psi (1,7 bar)
- After air has been purged, closing times vary from approximately 12 seconds at 4 gpm (15 L/min.) to 0.5 seconds at 50 gpm 200 L/min.).
- Suitable for use in load holding applications.
|Body Type||Line mountLine mount|
|Capacity||40 gpm160 L/min.|
|Check Cracking Pressure||30 psi2 bar|
|Mounting Hole Diameter||.41 in.10,4 mm|
|Mounting Hole C'bore Diameter||.59 in.15,0 mm|
|Mounting Hole C'bore Depth||.31 in.8 mm|
|Mounting Hole Quantity||22|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Important: Carefully consider the maximum system pressure. The pressure rating of the manifold is dependent on the manifold material, with the port type/size a secondary consideration. Manifolds constructed of aluminum are not rated for pressures higher than 3000 psi (210 bar), regardless of the port type/size specified.
- For detailed information regarding the cartridges contained in this assembly, click on the models codes shown in the Included Components tab.
- Integrated Packages: Solutions That Grow Your Reputation
- Putting Sun at the heart of hydraulic regenerative braking systems
- NEW: Adjustable Priority Flow Control Solutions