Tractive flow divider-combiner assembly
|D, D/S||Ports 2, 3, 4: 3/4" NPTF; Gage Ports (Plugged): SAE 4;|
|E, E/S||Ports 2, 3, 4: 1" NPTF; Gage Ports (Plugged): SAE 4;|
|L, L/S||Ports 2, 3, 4: SAE 12; Gage Ports (Plugged): SAE 4;|
|M, M/S||Ports 2, 3, 4: SAE 16; Gage Ports (Plugged): SAE 4;|
|W, W/S||Ports 2, 3, 4: 3/4" BSPP; Gage Ports (Plugged): SAE 4;|
|X, X/S||Ports 2, 3, 4: 1" BSPP; Gage Ports (Plugged): SAE 4;|
This valve assembly is intended for use in tractive systems. It incorporates a divider/combiner valve along with provisions for slip orifices. The divider/combiner provides 2 equal flows for positive traction and the slip orifices can be sized to allow for steering.
- Operating characteristics cause the leg of the circuit with the greatest load to receive the higher percentage of flow in dividing mode. If a rigid mechanism is used to tie actuators together, the lead actuator may pull the lagging actuator and cause it to cavitate.
- In combining mode, compensating characteristics will cause the leg of the circuit with the lowest load to receive the higher percentage of flow. If a synchronization feature is not included, an additive accuracy error will be experienced with each full stroke of the actuator.
- In applications involving rigid mechanisms between multiple actuators, operating inaccuracy will cause the eventual lock-up of the system. If the mechanical structure does not allow for the operating inaccuracy inherent in the valve, damage may occur.
- In motor circuits, rigid frames or mechanisms that tie motors together, and/or complete mechanical synchronized motion of the output shaft of the motors, either by wheels to the pavement or sprockets to conveyors, will contribute to cavitation, lock-up and/or pressure intensification.
- Variations in speed and lock-up can be attributed to differences in motor displacement, motor leakage, wheel diameter variance and friction of wheels on the driving surface.
- Extreme pressure intensification can occur on multiple wheel drive vehicles.
- Differential slip for tractive drive systems must be achieved with orifices in the body/manifold.
- Below the minimum flow rating there is not enough flow for the valve to modulate. It is effectively a tee. If flow starts at zero and rises, there will be no dividing or combining control until the flow reaches the minimum rating.
|Body Type||Line mountLine mount|
|Capacity||8 - 35 gpm32 - 130 L/min.|
|Mounting Hole Diameter||.42 in.10,7 mm|
|Mounting Hole Depth||ThroughThrough|
|Mounting Hole Quantity||22|
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
- Important: Carefully consider the maximum system pressure. The pressure rating of the manifold is dependent on the manifold material, with the port type/size a secondary consideration. Manifolds constructed of aluminum are not rated for pressures higher than 3000 psi (210 bar), regardless of the port type/size specified.
- For detailed information regarding the cartridges contained in this assembly, click on the models codes shown in the Included Components tab.
- Putting Sun at the heart of hydraulic regenerative braking systems
- Integrated Packages: Solutions That Grow Your Reputation
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)