Free flow side to nose check valve with port 3 blocked
Free-flow, side-to-nose cheater check valves function as a standard 2-port check valve in a 3-port cavity with port 3 of the cartridge blocked off. These valves are useful in circuits where a check valve is required in an existing three port cavity.
- Two-port check valves share the same cavity for a given frame size, however, pay close attention as flow paths may be in opposite directions.
- Check valves offer extremely low leakage rates with a maximum leakage of less than 1 drop per minute (0,07 cc/min).
- Will accept 5000 psi (350 bar) at ports 1 and 2.
- Corrosion resistant cartridge valves are intended for use in corrosive environments and are identified by the model code suffix /AP or /LH (see CONFIGURATION section). For further details, please see the Materials of Construction page.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||120 gpm480 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||1 drops/min.0,07 cc/min.|
|Valve Hex Size||1 5/8 in.41,3 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||350 - 375 lbf ft474 - 508 Nm|
|Model Weight||1.90 lb0,85 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990019007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990019002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990019006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
Because of the very high ratio, the COFO has limited capacity. The discharge path is across a .050 inch (1,3 mm) diameter orifice. If you have large accumulators combined with low precharge pressures, this may not discharge the energy quickly enough. Using the COFO XDN cartridge in conjunction with an LODA XDN will provide capacity for larger applications.
- Check Valves, Flow Control and Priority Flow Control Valves Technical Tips
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- CavitySaver multi-function valves deliver single-cartridge solutions
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Check, Flow Control, and Priority Flow Control Valves (537.44 KB)