2-way, soft shift, solenoid-operated directional spool valve
This solenoid-operated 2-way, 2-position cartridge is a direct-acting, balanced spool valve with a soft shift feature. The soft shift feature greatly reduces system shock due to valve actuation. The valve is available in either a normally open or normally closed configuration.
- The soft shift cartridge is interchangeable with the standard cartridge, however, the performance limits are lower.
- The soft shift feature can reduce shock due to valve actuation but should not be counted upon in applications where timing is critical. If you need accurate ramping or timing control, consider Sun's electro-proportional valves.
- The soft shift feature results in an increase in response time over Sun's standard solenoid. Response time is dependent on flow, pressure, coil voltage, oil viscosity and ambient temperature.
- For consistent soft shift performance, port 1 should be at a positive pressure.
- This valve includes a push-type manual override control. Other manual control options such as T or D, cannot be ordered with the soft shift control but can be installed easily in the field. See Twist/Lock Manual Override link above for details. Please note: Manual override functionality is not compatible with weatherized coils.
- The solenoid tube assembly is fatigue rated for 5000 psi (350 bar) service.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- This valve utilizes a wet armature design. This means that the working fluid surrounds the armature and is exposed to the heat generated by the coil. This can be a factor if the coil is energized for long periods of time. Some fluids, notably water/glycol mixtures, break down at these temperatures over time and form varnishes that will affect the function of the cartridge.
- The solenoid's unique magnetic design results in a high efficiency solenoid, yielding high spool actuating force per Watt expended, leading to reliable valve shifting.
- Coil connector options offer ratings up to IP69K. See individual coil product pages for details. Additional weatherized coils and kits are available for more complete environmental protection.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||7.5 gpm30 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||5 in³/min.@3000 psi80 cc/min.@210 bar|
|Manual Override Force Requirement||5 lbs/1000 psi @ Port 133 N/100 bar @ Port 1|
|Manual Override Stroke||.10 in.2,5 mm|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.75 in.19 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Model Weight||.50 lb0,25 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990413007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||EPDM: 990413014|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990413006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Please verify cartridge clearance requirements when choosing a Sun manifold. Different valve controls and coils require different clearances.
- An additional 2.00 inches (50,8 mm) beyond the valve extension is needed for coil installation and removal.
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- High Capacity Solenoid Valves
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Sun’s High Flow 2-Way Solenoid Operated Valves
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
No coil selected.