747 Series, 230 VAC hazardous location coil with 180 Deg 1/2" NPT connector - ATEX, IECEx, CSA
Technical Features [ + ]
Model 747 Series, hazardous location coils are designed for Sun's FLeX Series switching and proportional solenoid valves. All models include ATEX, IECEx, and NEC, CEC/CSA certifications.
- This coil is CE compliant.
- RoHS compliant. Restricted materials less than 0.1% total by weight.
- All hazardous location coils are certified for gas and dust environments (T4 compliant for gas and T135° C for dust).
- IP66 rating (with suitable certified cable entry or conduit per IEC 60529).
- Includes vibration-resistant push-to-connect terminal block. Power cable with mating connector is required and not included with this product.
- The external steel shell is zinc-nickel plated (1000-hour salt fog protection).
- Fin-free design prevents build up of grease, dust and debris.
- The coil is magnetically symmetrical and can be mounted in either direction on the solenoid tube without affecting performance.
- AC coils are internally rectified.
- See "Related Information" for Certification information, or click Full Data Sheet above to download complete details.
Technical Data [ + ]
|Operating Temperature Range||-40 to 122 °F-40 to 50 °C|
|Power Consumption (cold) - at rated voltage||30 Watts30 Watts|
|Fluid Temperature Through Valve (Maximum)||122 °F50 °C|
|Corrosion Resistance (ASTM B117, ISO 9227 5% saline)||1000 hours salt fog (zinc-nickel)1000 hours salt fog (zinc-nickel)|
|Voltage/Frequency||230 VAC 50/60 Hz230 VAC 50/60 Hz|
|Duty Cycle Rating||100 %100 %|
|Connector||1/2" NPT female connector1/2" NPT female connector|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.63 in.16 mm|
|Coil Nut Torque||4.5 lbf in.0,5 Nm|
|Model Weight||1.80 lb0,80 kg|
|IP Rating||IP66 (with suitable cable entry/conduit)IP66 (with suitable cable entry/conduit)|
Used With [ + ]
What models can this kit be used with?
- DFBD FLeX Series, 2-way, 2-stage, solenoid-operated directional poppet valve with reverse flow check - flow 2-1
- DFBE FLeX Series, 2-way, 2-stage, solenoid-operated directional poppet valve with reverse flow check - flow 2-1
- DFBF FLeX Series, 2-way, 2-stage, solenoid-operated directional poppet valve with reverse flow check - flow 2-1
- DFBG FLeX Series, 2-way, 2-stage, solenoid-operated directional poppet valve with reverse flow check - flow 2-1
- DTAF FLeX Series, 2-way, direct-acting, solenoid-operated directional blocking poppet valve
- DTBF FLeX Series, 2-way, direct-acting, solenoid-operated directional blocking poppet valve
Notes [ + ]
- 1. Mount coil onto spool (tube) body.
- 2. A cable entry hole is provided to accommodate any suitable certified flameproof cable entry device. Cable entry temperature may exceed 70° C (158° F).
- 3. Remove terminal box cover and connect electrical supply and earth to terminal block. Conductors according to Note 4. Note: coil is polarity insensitive. The center terminal is the internal ground. Replace cover and secure with the four screws (M4 x ,7). Torque to min 1.92
- 4. Connect external ground. North American applications: external earth (ground) connections. Use where local codes or authorities permit or require external earth (ground) connections. Torque to 1.25 ft-lbs (1.7 N-m).
- 5. When installing with multiple coils, the coils must be spaced a minimum of 0.875" (22.23 mm) apart to ensure adequate heat dissipation.
- A common practice to protect the internal bridge rectifier from unknown incoming voltage conditions is to install a TVS diode. For the 115-Vac coil, diode part number, 1.5KE250CA is recommended; for the 230-Vac coil, diode part number 1.5KE400CA is recommended. Depending on the application, diodes higher than 1500 W are recommended.
- For installation in above-ground electrical systems in explosive atmospheres, procedures for all applicable codes must be observed. All work must be carried out by an electrician with adequate qualifications for hazardous locations.
- Sun's 747 Series hazardous location coil requires more clearance than the FLeX 740 series coil. Sun manifolds with more than one cavity may not allow enough clearance for these coils. An additional 2.00” (50,8 mm) beyond the valve extension is needed for coil installation
Additional Resources [ + ]