Series 1 - T-10A cavity and T-13A cavity, EPDM, cartridge seal kit
Sun offers replacement seal kits for all cartridge models. These kits include all of the external seals on the cartridge along with installation instructions. Seal kits are available in Buna-N and Viton for all models, along with EPDM and polyurethane for many models. Please note: Converting the external seals from one material to another does not ensure fluid compatibility with that material due to the existence of internal seals within the cartridge.
- EPDM seals have no limited shelf life.
- EPDM seals are purple in color for easy stock and field identification.
- The Series 1, two port cavity comes in two versions: the T-10A and the T-13A. The T-10A cavity is typically used in relief applications which require larger port areas, hence a deeper cavity. The T-13A cavity is typically used in flow control applications and utilizes a smaller port area. Since both cavities are Series 1, two port, they share common seal kits, but exclude the possibility of cartridge interchangeability between the two functions.
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
What models can this kit be used with?
- CXCD Free flow side to nose check valve
- CXDA Free flow nose to side check valve
- FDBA Fully adjustable pressure compensated flow control valve with reverse flow check
- FLDA Filter
- FPCC Electro-proportional flow control valve - normally closed
- FXCA Fixed orifice, pressure compensated flow control valve
- NCCB Fully adjustable needle valve with reverse flow check
- NFCC Fully adjustable needle valve
- NFCD Fully adjustable needle valve
- RBAC Direct-acting relief valve - pilot capacity
- RPEC Pilot operated, balanced piston relief valve
- RPEC8 Pilot operated, balanced piston relief main stage with integral T-8A control cavity
- XFAA T-10A cavity to T-8A cavity converter
- XFAB T-10A cavity to T-8A cavity converter with filter screen
- XGCA All ports blocked cavity plug
- XGCAE Port 1 to external port, port 2 blocked cavity plug
- Install back-up rings and O-rings as shown in views.
- See installation variations for models associated with alternative installation views.
- When installing continuous back-up rings, use the same technique and the same care used to install O-rings.
- When installing cartridge - be sure to torque to recommended value.
- Cartridges with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.